AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of the wife's came around this evening to show off the new grandbaby. Got to complaining about being short on grocery money this week and was going to sell her X's revolver to her dad for $75.00.

I asked her what it was and she said " I don't know, but it's loaded". Turned out to be a Spesco Falcon 38 SPL. Made by Taurus In Brazil. Even says Taurus on the bbl. Nickel plated six shot revolver, identical to Taurus model 80.

I loooked it up on the net and found a few selling in the $200-$250. She asked me if I would beat her dad's offer so I gave her $100 for it.

Too bad it couldn't have been a really nice piece, but I bought it anyway because it was a "good" sale. I don't think I got hurt on it.

No pic because it has these gawd-awful plastic fake pearl grips installed. :oops:

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
That is why I always keep a couple coins in my pocket.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I had a friend who got one of those in trade at a gunshow he had problems with it and sent it to Tarus they said that they wouldnt send it back to him because it was unsafe for some reason and they wanted to send him a new stainless 38 instead. He ended up sending them a little extra money and they sent him a new stainless 357magnum.

That Is what I call customer service.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
krinker said:
I had a friend who got one of those in trade at a gunshow he had problems with it and sent it to Tarus they said that they wouldnt send it back to him because it was unsafe for some reason and they wanted to send him a new stainless 38 instead. He ended up sending them a little extra money and they sent him a new stainless 357magnum.

That Is what I call customer service.
Taraus ROCKS with CS. My brother had a PT92 a while back. The locking block broke on it and he contacted them and they sent him a brand new one for free. That's not a cheap part, either, if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
21,864 Posts
geeze some guys have all the luck

Cant complain though.. while I dont have the "you raeped em!" deals i have found what I 'needed' to satisfy my weird little ideas on what I thought was the essentials of my collection.

Impulse buys get me in trouble...hence my recent activity in the marketplace. Refocusing and all that.

·
Registered
446 Posts
the subject line was enough to crack me up. i've made a few "unintentional" purchaces myself. my greatest weekness, just can't turn a good deal down. :grin: ya done allright.

·
Registered
344 Posts
It is amazing what you come across if you keep a grand in your pocket.

People have to pay bills and cash talks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts