AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All clean and ready for the range. Wanted to know what kind of tasteful mods I can do to my SLR 107UR? Was looking at optics and I really like the BSA TW30RDLL. Also need to know who makes a quality side rail scope mount for a decent cost. I know about RS but not sure if the lower priced ones are just as good or not. And is exchanging the stock with a ATI gunstock considered a sin on this board? I defiantly will be keeping the side folder option. I want this to be very versatile rifle. I know its my rifle and it only matters that I like it but Im still new to the AK world and would like to know your guys opinions. Most photos I see posted everyone seems to stick to original or historical attachments. Thanks for the input.
20131102_163856.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
As far as side rails the UTG model is decent for around $30 for range use, but a real comblock unit would be a better choice for strength and durability.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If i had a UR i would SBR that bad boy and leave it as is.
You dont have really stock options other than a triangle stock with the side folder in a 4.5mm pinned rear trunnion.

Optics, a Russian Kobra or a PK-01V.

Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
You basically have the same rifle I do only my is SBR'd

I wouldnt change anything untill you put it through its paces. Why add/remove for the sake of adding and removing?

Also I would stay away from most things UTG, ATI and Tapco. First, I dont think that ATI stock is gonna fit on there. And second, I guaranty that if you do the value of that rifle will drop like a rock....if you ever decide to sell it. Those things are pretty useless and geared towards people whos 1st priority is to have things look tactical. The point of a folding stock is not to scare your adversary by looking badass, its for storage and use in tight spaces. Your rifle already has this.

Same goes for mounts and scopes. You get out what you put in. If you can afford to pay for that rifle it cant be too hard to save a few bucks and get a mount thats been tested and works. Maybe you cant buy it right away but it cant be too hard to take a month and save a few dollars. Dont go out one night, dont order in one night, dont go to the movies a few times....etc...etc.. its not hard to do. I've had plenty of Tescos, and whatever other cheap scopes are out there. They hold up ok if their main job is to sit in the safe..and not fall or to be used bench rested at the range for a few mags worth of ammo. Check out the review on the RS done by a forum member http://www.theakforum.net/forums/22...300-series-side-mount-review.html#post1527783. Look around, lots ov reviews by members

·
Registered
315 Posts
The 107UR was designed to pass regulations for import/sale in USA, and then be shortened to a "Krink" style weapon if/when the customer completes the paperwork/tax stamp process.

Therefore, anything you do(in the way of permanent mods) that inhibits a proper conversion to a krink design will greatly lessen the guns value on the market.

If a future sale is of no concern, then feel free to mod as you like.
I do believe there are lots of people who would pay you top dollar for that gun(as is) which would enable you to purchase some other lower cost gun more suitable for customization to ones own unique taste IMHO and leave you extra cash for completing you wish list.

Cheers
Harv

1 - 7 of 7 Posts