AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've finished my initial 500 rd "get to know" my new WASR 10. Now its time to see what it can do and test its (and mine) accuracy).

I trying to figure out the sight blade, which is marked off like this

P

What does the P stand for? I take it I move the knob up (by depressing the buttons at each end) the sight slide and the number visible under the knob is the setting I'm at? Does each number mean 25 or 50 or 100 yds?

Sorry for the kinda dumb questions but this seems to be one of the few non-intuitive issues with the the AK
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
AK Sights

Actually, in my above post when it posted the numbers appear as a string in a message, not "offset" as they appear on sight, but I hope you guys know what I mean.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yes it is the Battle site setting. From what I think is correct it is like for 0Meter- 300 Meters. What that is saying is if you zero at 100M ( rear sight set on 1 ) you should beable to switch it down to P and make HITs out to 300m. Thats what I was lead to believe. If Im wrong some of these guys will set us all straight. I normally Zero at 100 ( rear sight set on 1 ) and leave it there . But it is nice to know you got that option. , Cheers Wardawg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts