AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have a 1983 underfolder that I bought from a friend. He assembled it from a well worn but matching kit. The funny thing is, most of the parts are black but a few are a greenish phasphate, much like the Germans used during WWII. The phosphate parts include, buttstock, rear sight leaf and compensator at end of barrel. The sight leaf is numbered to the rest of the rifle so I know it is original to the rifle. Was it common for these things to be a mix of finishes like this? I had him leave all of the surfaces as they were because I like the well worn look it has but it does look a little goofy with the blued DCI receiver and bright rivets. Shoots great though.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Mine all seem to be paint over park. The park is noticeable around where the HG retainers go, since the factory paint was not applied in this area.

I'm doing a paint over park finish on one entire polish rifle and just over the receiver on a second. Gunkote looks nice, also duracoat HK black with a 9:1 color to hardener ratio.

Good luck

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The painted bits on mine definitely have no park underneath and the parked bits have no traces of paint anywhere either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts