AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"What happened to your grenade, Sailor?" "Ahh man, I had to use that for an emergency enema." Can't believe that movie is thirty year's old.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I liked pretty well, the Garand scenes are the highlight for Me. Try this Russian movie out
about a VDV unit fighting Islamic Chechens, a very famous popular movie in Russia, it is in Russian but its plain to the eye what is going on. Constant AK action and other weapons you would expect there, even spotted an AN-94 Abakan..There are some other Chechen war based movies that go way over the top, look for one called Purgatory Grozny, makes war look really really dangerous :)

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
The posted movie looks like it might be an episode of the Spetsnaz TV series. Some of the actors look the same to me anyway. If you like that, check out the Spetsnaz series. Also Blokpost/Blockpost/Guard Post or whatever other variations there are

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Love that movie, I watched it again a couple of years ago and it's still entertaining. I remember seeing it with my Dad and getting a history lesson on the boxing career of Tex Cobb on the drive home. If you remember Howard Cosell quit announcing boxing after watching Larry Holmes beat Cobb to a bloody pulp.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Great '80's flick!

I watched it again, a couple years ago. It seems a little cheesier, nowadays, but compare it to what's around today and it still holds it's own.

·
Registered
826 Posts
It is one of the movies I grew up watching in an Army Dad household. Great flick. I like when they are in Bangkok and get busted by the CIA and have to buy guns out of the basement of the bar!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts