AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found these gems online, they shipped from Belarus. They came sealed in wax paper and coated in something like a cosmoline. The red stock smells like Cosmoline with a hint of Bacon.

If anyone knows their value in the US market please comment, I'd appreciate it. Ill probably sell one of them if anyone is interested just let me know.

IMG_1651.JPG

IMG_1658.JPG

IMG_1646.JPG IMG_1651.JPG IMG_1655.JPG IMG_1648.JPG IMG_1658.JPG IMG_1653.JPG IMG_1659.JPG IMG_1660.JPG

·
Registered
8,404 Posts
Did they sell these as milled handguards with a stamped butt?

It's pretty wood, but the mismatch will lower their value as sets.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope they didnt. Good eye there! It was sold as a complete kit. I just got that sweet red stock on and realized the same thing. Hopefully they will send another handguard becasue I dont want to mail these things back. (Plus the stocks are beautiful, i washed them with some mild soap and they look amazing.)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picture 2 looks like an AK74 upper handguard. Bakelite grip is from an AKM/AK74 too. Total mismatch.
Yeah watch out buying anything Etsy. I got this from "USSRoldSTOCK " who selling these as kits. They have a really good rating so im trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. Ill post how it works out.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
He has really nice Tula stocks still in wax paper bundles for $50 each. He is on ebay too. Wish he had the matching handguards.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He has really nice Tula stocks still in wax paper bundles for $50 each. He is on ebay too. Wish he had the matching handguards.
Yeah the stocks I got look fantastic. 'C' mark on the tang. Not gonna lie, i was a little pissed he sold it as a kit!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In the end, I am so happy with the stocks and pistol grips i dont want to return anything. The seller was responsive but doesnt seem to know the difference (Or want to know the difference.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts