AK Rifles banner

Ultimak cowitness dissappointing...

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  aklover1505 
#1 ·
Put an Ultimak on my SAIGA with a first gen primary arms micro, and even tried my MD 25 on it and can BARELY get cowitness. Hard to pick up and you really cannot see the bottom of the round cutout on the ears. I don't have this problem on a VZ 58 with an NEA rail.

It is cowtinessed? yes, but so low as to be kind of a joke.

Causes? My front sight is set nicely and I want to leave it alone. It is at a reasonable height so I don't want to change it.

I just also put in a real Russian sight so maybe it sits a bit low - it shouldn't.

Put the GKR-10MS rail from RSR. While this could easily be the culprit, I've checked for interference from the handguard, but cannot find any. Thoughts?

(Is there a LOWER micro?)

#8 ·
The aimpoint with standard picatinny mount will co witness, but way low 3rd. I you use any spacer such a a QD mount, no cowitness. Trijicon MRO will not cowitness with qd adapter. one thing i tried was the mount for the Vortex Crossfire reddot is skeletonized, and allows the sight to be well above the rail, but then sight is too high with standard stock.........long story short, if you have an ultimak and want a red dot, it cant QD to co witness. Ultimak is cool, but not all it is cracked up to be, learned the lesson the hard way...........since then, changed to MI 30mm mount and aimpoint Pro setup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.