AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm bouncin off the walls here.

so glad i got the 223, my 762x39 and sks's are sitting in the safe starving. :mad:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I just checked the status on mine, looks like they will be here Monday. My digicam is gonna get alot of use that day :smile:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
The Bulgy .223 mags?? Mine will be here Tuesday.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I want one in 762, I'm pretty sure I saw one once and it wasnt a 223. but its pretty much a phantom.

EDIT: see. I saw it on the internet so it has to be real.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Tomorrow................. !! :grin:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Received mine yesterday........all slimy and shiny with mold release.........gorgeous. Now I need to build a .223 AK!!!!! :confused: :goof:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got em, love the steyr aug ultracool smoked look. now i know why some of you wackos collect mags. :lol:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I didn't get mine yet. I ordered mine online within a half hour of their announcing they had them. I'm friggin' pissed! Gonna call today and see what is up. :mad:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
You DO live in PA...........what's the tracking info they e-mail you say?? That might be what's taking longer, you live further. I'm right above them (geographically speaking). :goof:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I just got mine today. Yeah I know, way to go "Peter Patience". They sure are sexy. Too bad I do not have a gun to shoot them in. Just got them to add to the collection for now. It is a shame that they won't work in a SAR 3...I am getting one from Fireman(can't wait!). I will just have to contine stocking up on Weigers. :wink:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I'm curious........why DON'T these fit into the Romanian rifles?? What exactly is the reason?? Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Tomovich said:
I'm curious........why DON'T these fit into the Romanian rifles?? What exactly is the reason?? Anyone know?
They didn't fit my .223 VEPR either. :sad: Looks like a little dremel work is in order. Any VEPR owners with similar problem? How much and where should I remove material from mags so they will fit?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine fit real snug so I sanded the insides of the mag well on the sides and deburred the front and rear of the magazines- strictly sandpaper by hand. I figure after a bit of heat is put on them and they're used a bit they'll be good to go.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
mrmoshzilla said:
Mine fit real snug so I sanded the insides of the mag well on the sides and deburred the front and rear of the magazines- strictly sandpaper by hand. I figure after a bit of heat is put on them and they're used a bit they'll be good to go.
Thanks for the info. I'll try that on the two mags I bought. I really don't want to send'em back to K-VAR.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
and I just figured out that mine are essentially 29 rd mags, at least for now. still haven't taken them out. damn they're sexy!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
With a little filing around the top/rear portion of the mag, I was able to get both 20 and 30rd mags to fit my VEPR. Yee-Haw! :grin:

G

·
with a bit of sanding/filing, they will fit and work in botht hte SAR3 and the WASR3.
At least they do in mine. Soon they will work in my VEPR II and Tromix Saiga.
Darn Ammo! I was one of those that was never gonna have a .223.
Now I have several.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts