AK Rifles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up a 1986 romy g today from a friend.paid $250 for it and it came with a thermold mag,a tapco g2 kit and a tapco rivet set.my question is this ,if i get a nds1, what readily available u/f assembly will work with it?my first g build got a romy push button side foler and i want to turn this into an underfolder.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
romy
bulgarian
hungarian
polish
russian
All will work fine considering you would be cutting all the holes yourself.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so they'd have all the same width trunnion?what would be the easiest to procure?i'm trying to do this one under the "wife radar".

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
crazychris said:
so they'd have all the same width trunnion?what would be the easiest to procure?i'm trying to do this one under the "wife radar".
Yes all have same width..Romy would be ideal but polish and hungarian seem to pop up the most..

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I used a Yugo U/F on my 1st build and had no problems at all. I have another one that is unissued. The trunion actually looks like it hasn't ever even been on a rifle. I still haven't decided what I'm gonna do with it yet... :neutral:

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Hey crazychris,

Make sure you also get the UF trunnion with your underfolder parts. K-VAR doesn't have any in stock and not alot of vendors do. There is a guy on gunbroker selling US made ones that are exact copy's of the Polish ones. Hit me up if you need is email addy.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what do you think would look better?i know the romy would be correct,but i think the arms look flimsy.this will be a "kyber pass" kinda theme,but in an underfolder.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what do you think would look better?i know the romy would be correct,but i think the arms look flimsy.this will be a "kyber pass" kinda theme,but in an underfolder.brownstown-i'll take that guys email.i can't get it yet but i'll be mapping out what i need.i still have to pay for the kit.got it on "good friend"credit.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I used a Yugo UF with a Romy front end. I made a thin shim out of sheetmetal that I got at Lowes. You can only tell by looking from the inside.

FYI, you cant use the front handguard with the lower grip with an underfolder.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I would go will a milled UF stock. I kind of like the look of those..seems a little beefy than the stamped UF. This is my 02cents.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i plan on using the new ironwood hg's and a pgrip from zrecto.how about some pics of different stuff?

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
crazychris...

That is the one. I just think it's a little more stronger than the stamped versions. I have one on my MD-65 and I love it.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
not yet brownstone.i still gotta pay off the kit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts