AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this look typical/normal for a rpk sling of this type? I'm talking about the overlap.

·
Registered
644 Posts
No one answered?

The sling s appears obviously to be Romanian. I have seen their slings like that and some were not. I guess it depended on which box they grabbed the buckes out of that day.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Im not familar with the romanian rpk slings, the one i have is russian. But to me that buckle looks like its not the right one. is the romanian rpk sling wider than the standard slings? if so that buckle maybe is from a standard sling.

You know how the romanian way goes..... ;)

Drakin

·
Registered
644 Posts
Romanians, like most countries, do not have an RPK specific sling. Early ones used the AK/AKM leather sling, then moved onto the typical nylon version still in use. Russians, at least, added the shoulder pad to most of theirs - mainly seen on RPK-74 slings - if I am not mistaken.

·
Banned
460 Posts
i have gotton 2 and 3loop paded slings from russia.different dates.have some more coming supposedly dated 1961 with nylon pads.that does not look like any slings i have got from russia.here is a pic of a leather 3 loop padded sling from russia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts