·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured as much. I was trying to portray sarcasm in my statement lol

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Agreed. Stottman, which locations are acceptable to get a kit from?

Thanks!
Germany is the biggest market, and the German imports find their way all over the EU.

Basically, they deact the barrel, bolt, and the trigger group....

The Ukrainians have allot of neat stuff as well, mostly old Soviet.. To include deact T2s and T1s. They deact the same stuff as the Germans, as well as the ejector.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I'm not an expert, but since it is Russian it is not importable anyways.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'm not an expert, but since it is Russian it is not importable anyways.
As long as it spends 5 years outside of Russian and is documuented, then I think it is alright with a Form 6.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Correct. We cannot get one from the UK or anywhere in the EU in the defunk state. The only way it is possible is to have someone buy them for the 700us, then destroy it to US standards, then ship to the US.
They wont like to do this as it takes one of those out of their hands too.

For the UK, its the barrel that needs to be massively f'd up. They allow the receiver to keep the 3rd hole. Lots of good parts on them, but pretty expensive to get them.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
My understanding of this is to get the Form 6 approved, they are going to need to be able to prove it has been out of Russian for 5 years. I think he'd have a better shot at selling this if he mentioned he could provide that documentation.

I am far from an expert though. One of my close friends has family living in Ukraine/Germany, so we've taken a great interest to this whole process in the hopes when he visits over there he can buy some, cut them up, and have the family hold on to them until the form 6 is approved. We still need to look into if it is legal for the families to ship them on their end, however.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
My understanding of this is to get the Form 6 approved, they are going to need to be able to prove it has been out of Russian for 5 years. I think he'd have a better shot at selling this if he mentioned he could provide that documentation.

I am far from an expert though. One of my close friends has family living in Ukraine/Germany, so we've taken a great interest to this whole process in the hopes when he visits over there he can buy some, cut them up, and have the family hold on to them until the form 6 is approved. We still need to look into if it is legal for the families to ship them on their end, however.
Yes, it is.. And the Ukrainian deacts are one of the best choices for a US Build.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts