AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, ive said it million times, i love our gun shows out here. I saw a couple chinese drums laying on a table, one still new in the plastic and the other used. They were missing the typical /36\ marking and the wind up key was slotted. Thank gawd the new one still had the paper work in it and it was "PRC Type 81 75rnd Drum". Nice. So i bought them.
Anyone know anyone with a Type81 who might need a proper drum for their rifle? What the heck are they worth?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Being that the Norinco Type 81 (CSI LA CA- importer) is rare, the drum is probably rarer, but I have never seen one for sale--- I will eagerly stay tuned for responses!!! :EatingPopcorn:

Tony

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
There's a flip side to rarity - especially in this hobby. Although the Type 81 drum is quite a rare beast, getting big money from it is another story.

There's not that many Type 81 rifles in the US. Probably even fewer owners of them that would actually insert a magazine, much less than a drum, into it and shoot the rifle. A couple that I know of have basically become eye candy for the owners and carefully protected to ensure no damage to the finish. Plus, the drum is going to be more of a collector's piece as few would probably use it. I think the value would have to be considered by who would actually buy it for the novelty of what it is.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
welp.......... looks like you need to buy a type 81 to go with your drums! :grin:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Resurrection. Any sightings?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Almost all the Chinese drums are type 81, hence the odd locking lug. Model 87 RPKs came with a slightly different drum. There are about 8 variations of 75 round Chinese drums and 3 variations of 100 round drums.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So as long as it hasn't been AK modified a Chinese drum should function? I haven't sourced any yet, anywhere

1 - 14 of 14 Posts