AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just purchased a Chinese mag collection and there are a few magazines that I cant find anything on this being one of them .i have seen the other 2 variations of this mag but never seen any pics of this one any info would help .if you need more pics let me know .Also I need the other 2 types of star mags. I have other chicoms to trade or I have money thax

Attachments

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
It's a really nice one and the star on those Type 63's really shout out! Are there any other interesting mags you procured in this Chinese collection?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yea I also received a 20rd flatback that I cant find much on either. Also a bunch of type 81 30rd mags it has a bho which is different. I received bunch different type 63 mags along with what I allready had I have most of them , I need 2 of the star variations to have them all hopefully somebody can help me get them.

. 20131026_133025.jpg

·
Registered
862 Posts
If your going to start a collection - you sure did well.

The star version you have is the rarest of the Type 63/68 mags. I have only seen one other, and I dont own it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I am jealous I need that starside and the all stamp one. but on the other hand I believe the one I have is much more difficult to acquire than the other 2 not that any are easy lol.if you ever wanna part with it or know of 1 plz let me know.also I have a 20 like that I believe ,ill attach a pic for u to see

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If your going to start a collection - you sure did well.

The star version you have is the rarest of the Type 63/68 mags. I have only seen one other, and I dont own it.
Yea ive never seen any pics or really heard about it im a very happy collector

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yea I am jealous I need that starside and the all stamp one. but on the other hand I believe the one I have is much more difficult to acquire than the other 2 not that any are easy lol.if you ever wanna part with it or know of 1 plz let me know.also I have a 20 like that I believe ,ill attach a pic for u to see
Not a Type 63 mag there - looks like a Chinese 20 rnd AK mag. Cant see the if there is a rib down the back - so could also be NK. If yours is Chinese it is blued like all the others I have seen - ones made for the Chinese Navy are supposed to be parked. Another version of it has a horizontal rib at the bottom that I have never seen in the US.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Not a Type 63 mag there - looks like a Chinese 20 rnd AK mag. Cant see the if there is a rib down the back - so could also be NK. If yours is Chinese it is blued like all the others I have seen - ones made for the Chinese Navy are supposed to be parked. Another version of it has a horizontal rib at the bottom that I have never seen in the US.
Yea its just a 20rd flatback and its blued apparently there isnt many of these either bc I cant find much about it and very few pics

Attachments

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yea its just a 20rd flatback and its blued apparently there isnt many of these either bc I cant find much about it and very few pics
Article out in Barnes and Noble right now on the compact Chinese AK they are issued with. Pics in article show both versions of the 20 rnd magazine. Publication is not the current "Book of the AK", but "Guns and Ammo" or one of the more common publications.

I have seen several over the years. More common than the Star Type 63 mag it would appear, but somewhat ignored due to not having that "BLING" factor.

I have owned a couple of them, and still own at least one.

If I remember correctly - they are actually shorter in length than the NK, Hungarian, or Romanian 20 rnd mags.

Neat mag - just wish I could put my hands on the other version of it!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Anybody see the dec. issue of SWAT magazine yet? In the Long Guns column they review the AMD-65. The first pic has what looks to be a red phenolic or maybe Bakelite version of the black phenolic Type 63 mag pictured above, and also in Tom McLean's article on AK mags in two issues of The Book of the Ak-47. ???

·
Registered
271 Posts
Tom McLean's excellent article is also stickied as Identifying and Collecting the AK/AKM Magazine. Hey Tom, when does the updated article ccome out? :banana:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Anyone wanting to see the article on the Type 56C and the pics of the two types of 20 rnd mags - its in the Guns & Ammo 2014 Annual out now. Just a reprint of the article from an earlier Book of the AK.

Looked for that S.W.A.T. magazine at Barnes & Noble tonight (why I can tell you the info above), and they were sold out of it. Will have my doubts about it being a new military mag till I can see it. If some one can steal the pic and post it here I would be very appreciative.

My new article? - it was nearly ready to go - when they decided to reprint the last one again!!!!! For the third time.

Wish they would stop printing it - has a couple of errors, I see now, that bug me.

Taking the time to do another re-write of it. Too long also.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts