AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Polytech that had the bayonet cut off so it could be imported. Looking for a source of the folding bayonet/mount so I can get it looking like it should.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
I'm guessing you mean your rifle had the bayonet "ears" that the spike bayonet mounted into cut-off or neutered. The folding bayonet assemblies are out there but they've become very expensive. You may find one on Gunbroker every once in a while but you'll have to fight-off the vultures during bidding.

A member had one for sale not long ago for $200. Just keep checking the For Sale section and the auction sites... and prepare for the jolt to the wallet.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
56 redo

Neutered is a good word for it - I had a type 56 I bought back in 86' sold it befor the assault weapon ban. Yea I am in no big hurry fix it up so I will wait for the right deal - $200.00 is not an option.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no hurry

I have stumbled on to stranger things - you just cant be in a hurry.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
tokarev said:
Have a Polytech that had the bayonet cut off so it could be imported. Looking for a source of the folding bayonet/mount so I can get it looking like it should.
Parsi on GunBroker has the complete setup on GunBroker every month or so. The one I bought had the wrong bayonet and rivet with the the correct front sight block. But they were rusty at one time and so they all come in the white with a sand blasted finish. I bought a bayonet from KFS that was still the wrong one but had the correct rivet. By wrong bayonet, your Poly should have a hook style removeable bayonet. The one I received from Parsi and KFS are the Norinco non removeable type which is held on the FSB by a rivet. Which is fine if you don't mind. Lucky for me another board member just bought 2 of the hook style removable bayonets and is giving me one so I can put a bayonet back on my Poly SP which is what I would think you have. If you find one on the forums you would pay a lot less then Parsi. But then again he usually has them for sale if you don'r mind spending a lot. Happy hunting, hope you score..........

CAB

·
Technical Advisor
15,599 Posts
A lot of folks convert the Norinco to a Poly by cutting open the bayonet on one side at the mounting hole. Becomes the same as any other removeable bayo.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Neutered Polytech

Heres a pic of the neutered Polytech and yes thats a Romy muzzle device in lieu of the correct one.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice rifle

Yea I agree but after having one with the folding bayonet - well you know. The Type 56 is the classic/old school revolution weapon - only one that beats it in the looks department is the MP44.

·
Technical Advisor
15,599 Posts
Re: nice rifle

tokarev said:
Yea I agree but after having one with the folding bayonet - well you know. The Type 56 is the classic/old school revolution weapon - only one that beats it in the looks department is the MP44.
That's why I'm loking for a home for this:
:dance:

Some company for this one:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts