AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be doing a Chinese Type 56-2 build with spare parts in the future and need help on how you would build it.

I have seen one apparent military issue Type 56-2 with a bayonet lug in Grim Reaper attributed to the US Navy, but most pictured have no lug. I can build either with a lug or without with the spare barrels I have. What would you build?

I intend to use Matt Yeamans' receivers for all my Chinese builds. I can mark the Type 56-2 receiver selector marks with the Pinyin L and D or with Chinese Characters. Thoughts?

THANKS

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Chinese characters, for Chinese forces, L&D for export models, most all have a lug, however not all had a threaded muzzle end or muzzle nut.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help and votes.

I too like the idea of a Chinese selector marked Type 56-2 with a bayonet lug.

However, in quickly searching around the web this morning, I have seen no pictures of any Type 56-2s in military service with a bayonet lug. The pictures are mainly of Middle East and African forces and what appear to be Indonesian forces with them. I have also found no photos of the Chinese Army using the Type 56-2 Variant with or without bayonet lug. Does anyone have any links?

I have noticed that the commercially imported Type 56-2 seem to have a bayonet lug and S and F for selector marks.

I will continue the search and look forward to your input.

·
Registered
483 Posts
They have bayonet lugs, only they're on the FSB, not GB (T3 style barrel parts). This is how all true Chicom military guns are. Seems the AKM-style lug on the gas block was more for us over here as that is how our prebans came. But find me pics of any outside the US configured that way... I still haven't found any.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Did you start this build?

Can anyone shed some light on why Matt's receivers don't have dimples. I know some Chinese military rifles don't have them. Why do some type 56 have dimples and others don't? Is it export military rifles?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts