AK Rifles banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I started with a horribly hacked up Russian type 2 kit , that some (prob. PLO)-"gunsmith" went to work on , i went through and repaired all that was wrong , and have testfired gun , and all is left is the final finish & new wood- going for the new restored look vs. the battlefield look .
The fixed stock Russian type 2's , are my favorite of all the AK-47's , and i think this one turned out ok - considering what i had to work with !!
i will post photos when it is totally done !!

EDITED , 02/21/06

And here it is after the finish , i am still waiting for new wood for it!
I have to say thank you to Stottman , for the Russian goodies in photo !!

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
I always hate looking at these, I want one so bad. Nice job so far, I Can't wait to see it Looking pretty. You might want to get in touch with Z_Recto, he is the Russian wood Guru.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Great job Buzgun,keep us posted!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Did you weld the reciever back together or is that a ORF reciever ?
Wondering how the ORF reciever fits and functions.

·
Registered
10,206 Posts
HOPSTER said:
Did you weld the reciever back together or is that a ORF reciever ?
Wondering how the ORF reciever fits and functions.
The couple reviews that I have heard were not very good.. Check with Mike from the Firing line (same guys that make the US made T3 rec).. From what I understand, he built on some of them and said they had problems.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Thanks Rob.
That adds to what some others had to say.
I'm getting worried now, as I've invested a lot of time and money in the T2 project so far. Also makes me wonder about the M76 they are selling.
That's another one on my wish list.
I'll drop ORF a line and see if they have worked out any of the bugs in the latest batches. Seems for that kind of dough it should be perfect.

·
Registered
10,206 Posts
HOPSTER said:
Thanks Rob.
That adds to what some others had to say.
I'm getting worried now, as I've invested a lot of time and money in the T2 project so far. Also makes me wonder about the M76 they are selling.
That's another one on my wish list.
I'll drop ORF a line and see if they have worked out any of the bugs in the latest batches. Seems for that kind of dough it should be perfect.
Well, sure the problems can be fixed.. Sad to say, they are the only game in town...

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I have a kit waiting. I hope the problems are worked out. and the price drops some or half. :goof:

·
Registered
130 Posts
WOW! That turned out very nice !!! :hail:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts