AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favorite kit, by far. It shows real character from field use, but it's not trashed.

The set is from Northridge Int'l (2003, I think). I remember that they were running a 20% off sale at the time, and I could have opted for a kit with a fluted gas piston for an additional $40 (should have done it).

According to the Legends and Reality of the AK book, these were officially type classified by the Soviets as the "AK-49".

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Good way to keep documentation that you have a kit and what you had...Publicly.. :grin:Very nice

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Who's doing the reweld???

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Richard W. said:
Thanks, guys.

One of our members here, Turbothis, is doing the work.

One thing I forgot to mention is that it had the rear sling swivel relocated from the bottom of the buttstock to the left side when I received it. This seems to have been a very common field modification, presumably to make carrying it at-the-ready, slung over a shoulder easier. (One of the Type 3 changes was moving the swivel to roughly the same spot, but affixed to the receiver.)

I moved it back to it's original location, but you can see the screw holes from the mod.
the isrealies did this with the soviet plo akm's also

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Very nice kit :shock:

Cant wait to see the finished product. Know that we got some members who can do the re-welds...looks like we might be seeing alot of these milled kits come to life..very cool... You got to love the milled

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
kit

Richard real nice would like to see it also.Iwouldn't worry about the sling swivel you see a lot like that, if you weren't going to refinish it to new i would leave it where it was

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Re: kit

caliri47 said:
Richard real nice would like to see it also.Iwouldn't worry about the sling swivel you see a lot like that, if you weren't going to refinish it to new i would leave it where it was
Big +1 on that one..Thats history..

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree completely. I'm not going to refinish it.

I'll just do my best to blend the new receiver with the rest of the parts.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Can't wait to see it. I have one that need to be done.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn! The highly coveted fluted gas piston.

Had to rub it in my face, huh? :smile:

That's one of the nicest parts sets I've seen.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
I thought the fluted gas piston was type 1???

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Carryover part, seen on both variants.

Mine was manufactured in 1954. What year is yours, Sundance? Probably earlier than mine.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
The moral of the story is yall suck...Period

·
Registered
832 Posts
dont be hate'n my brother! must be an early typeII.....wish mine had a fluted gas piston :sad: wish someone would come off there typeI :wink: is he going to do the lightning cuts also???

very nice kits BTW

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
getit said:
dont be hate'n my brother! must be an early typeII.....wish mine had a fluted gas piston :sad: wish someone would come off there typeI :wink: is he going to do the lightning cuts also???

very nice kits BTW
Im not haiting..My t3 will be in the works soon :grin:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts