AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
8,159 Posts
Yes, they are. But the down side is... what are you going to put them on. Sets have been available on Gunbroker and from a member on the board for quite a long time. But since they mount on a specific rifle that's not available, prices on them have dropped steadily downward for a long time.

Whether it's a good price or not depends on how much you want to spend on something like that. For most, it would just be something of a novelty or conversation piece.

· Registered
11,464 Posts
thrillbilly1977 said:
I see they have screw holes in the middle of them. Is that how they were fastened? I have never seen a type 1 build in person.

The two grip panels screw on to a stamped-sheet metal protrusion from the bottom of the receiver.

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinkin' along that line. They might be a good deal for the right person. I know how anal guys get around here about original equipment. So how bout it turbo this..you gonna sell the proper mounting piece in the near future?

· Registered
11,464 Posts
turbothis said:
lol
i am making the right piece. :wink:

Forget that piece, I want you to get on with the real Type 1 builds (clones, I know, but still 99% correct)!!!

I dream for the day that you produce those.

· Registered
1,048 Posts
rayman1 said:
Yes, they are. But the down side is... what are you going to put them on. Sets have been available on Gunbroker and from a member on the board for quite a long time. But since they mount on a specific rifle that's not available, prices on them have dropped steadily downward for a long time.

Whether it's a good price or not depends on how much you want to spend on something like that. For most, it would just be something of a novelty or conversation piece.
I got one off GB about a week ago. I'm slowly collecting parts for a turbothis T1 clone.

Man I wish I checked ebay, I paid a lot more than $9 for mine.

· Registered
8,468 Posts
Got my grips from the Ukraine, today. Exactly one week after ordering. I regularly wait a lot longer than that for stuff I buy from US sellers.

Nice, heavy Bakelite. The checkering is a very aggressive pattern. Feels great in the hand. The left side grip has a nut embedded in it to hold the cross-bolt.

One grip has a numeral "1" mold mark. The other side has none.

Very thick when put together. Here they are next to a Soviet laminated T3 grip for comparison.

If US T1 replicas are made, we're going to have to figure something out to use for the cross-bolt. I've never seen one of those for sale anywhere.

· Registered
11,464 Posts
Richard W. said:
If US T1 replicas are made, we're going to have to figure something out to use for the cross-bolt. I've never seen one of those for sale anywhere.

Go to the local hardware store and check to see what kind of threads they have. From there, bolts can easily be purchased, or just modified (cut down a long one, round off a hex head one, blue a zinc plated one, etc).

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.