AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have strong opinions on the gen 3 dog leg dust cover w/pic rail from TWS for the C39V2? Watched AKOU's youtube video, and it seemed to be 'inconclusive' for the time being. I didn't feel like waiting for the C39V3, only to be forced to use CAI's proprietary scope mount. Hoping TWS is a viable option. Thanks!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I can't say anything about the gen 3 but my original 32310 model is solid as a rock and hold zero with no problem. I have opened and closed it many times for cleaning and it still on the money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't say anything about the gen 3 but my original 32310 model is solid as a rock and hold zero with no problem. I have opened and closed it many times for cleaning and it still on the money.
Glad to hear it, and thanks for the reply. I don't plan on shooting beyond 150 yards up in Maine, anyway. The gen3s are about $170, but I figure putting a side rail on would run about the same or higher.

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I only have 100 rounds with it so far, but i like it. Even the peep sight is nice vs standard sight.
i did have to bend the angled in piece out slightly to get it to close all of the way, not a big deal but it scratched up the TWS cover and receiver.

20160520_222238.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
What's the difference between gen2 and gen3? I have a gen1 and I'm very happy with it.
gen 3 is basically the same design as gen 2, but the gen 3 has thicker aluminum, quick detach front hinge with a takedown pin to remove the top cover, and the rail sits a little bit higher to accommodate more quick detach mounts. i think about .090" taller.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts