AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two Rivers Arms built this amazing East German MPi-KMS for me last summer. Needless to say I am impressed with the attention to detail, quality of the build and finish. I did replace the original worn wood lower with an original unissued piece and exchanged the plastic stock for an unissued, blued folder. Notice how well the TWA blue matches the original East German blue. Original matching numbers were found on the bolt, carrier and gas tube. Everything else that required numbers was matched. :cool: Many thanks to Steve and his crew!
DSCF8307.JPG DSCF8309.JPG DSCF8312.JPG DSCF8316.JPG DSCF8320.JPG

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Beautiful pictures. Great post.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Is that an East German muzzle cap of some sort in some of the pictures?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, it is an original EG rubber muzzle cap. They used two types; the earlier less common style was just like a standard muzzle nut but with a waxed paper plug they could shoot through.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are the photos that I used as reference to for my "reenactment". In an effort to display my collection instead of hoarding stuff away in boxes, I am attempting to recreate historical images; here I found a metal grate bridge similar to the original photo to display my circa 1980's Grenztruppen setup. My binos are the older model DF and I am carrying the PSE on my belt whereas the Soldier in front has it in his left cargo pocket. Other than that, all the same gear.

photo-2 copy.JPG photo-2.JPG

Upcoming display projects once I find the right location and time are: 1990 JNA, 1998 Serb and some Iraqi and Polish displays.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts