AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PRESS RELEASE
November 3rd, 2013

Two Rivers Arms to make Enemy Rifles for Upcoming Clint Eastwood Film 'American Sniper.'

OKLAHOMA CITY, OK - Two Rivers Arms announced today it has partnered with Independent Studio Services to make the Iraqi firearms for the upcoming film, 'American Sniper' based on the best selling book of the same name written by Navy SEAL Chris Kyle (with Scott McEwen and Jim DeFelice). The Warner Bros. Pictures production will be directed by Clint Eastwood with Bradley Cooper set to star in the lead role as Kyle. Kyle was tragically killed on a shooting range by another veteran he tried to help. The event was a part of Kyle's advocacy and outreach programs to help returning war veterans.

"We're very honored and humbled to be a part of the project," commented Two Rivers Arms President Steve Russell. "It is great to see that someone cares about authenticity in a film. With Clint Eastwood's reputation for historical accuracy in 'Flags of our Fathers' and 'Letters from Iwo Jima,' we are excited to be a small part of telling Chris Kyle's amazing story."

Russell, with an amazing story of his own, is a retired Army Lt. Col. and author of "We Got Him!" The unit he commanded in Iraq was a central player in the hunt and capture of Saddam Hussein. He founded Two Rivers Arms as a way to provide war souvenirs for returning military vets who are not allowed to bring them home.

The Oklahoma based company has already been contracted and has completed the Iraqi sniper rifles known as 'Tabuks' for the film. Other types of Iraqi AK rifles are being considered to help portray accurate looking firearms for the film's enemy insurgents. The movie will tell the incredible story of Kyle as one of America's most deadly snipers with a focus on his service in Iraq as a US Navy Seal supporting operations in Fallujah and Ramadi, Iraq. F
ilming is planned for the Spring of 2014.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Well I either need to get a Tabuk build in this current group buy or hope to get a shot at purchasing one of TRA's movie guns after the film is finished, of course they're probably studio property at that point. It's great to know he's focused on authenticity to such a detailed extent. BTW, in my opinion Eastwood is one of the few quality guys in Hollywood in addition to being a class act.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Awesome news guys, already sharing with everyone i know, anxious to say i have there fine builds in my safe!!

·
Premium Member
13,070 Posts
I was at Two Rivers last week and saw the "Hollywood Rifles" after bluing and they looked magnificent. Maybe Steve will grace us with some finished pictures. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Really cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts