AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up two new Yugo M72B1 RPKs. These were made by JRA and look beautiful! I also received my ten newish Yugo Mags and two new 75 round drums. I will be taking these out to the range sometime next week. I have yet to receive my ammo. I ordered some good high end Match Ammo along with some Golden Tiger cheap ammo as well as a large assortment of other 7.62x39 fodder. I want to see how well these RPKs can shoot. I will first do the battle field sighting method for these and then stretch their legs a bit. I will post some pics soon!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Theres no where on this system to rotate correctly. They were downloaded from my computer that had them in the correct orientation. Oh well maybe we have a Millennial on here who can show us "Boomers" how to fix it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So after going over each RPK I found nothing wrong with just a small exception but took 15 seconds to correct. The safety lever would kind go past the dust cover the catch on the lower half. I applied a little persuasion to the issue and done. The fit and finish is pretty amazing. The action extremely smooth on both. All of my 30 round Hung, Bulg and Yugo 30 round mags cock right in no issue. My Hung 40 round slab side mags no issue and my Bulg metal 40 round mags no issue. My Circle 10 mags also fit great. The two 75 round drum mags S. Korean rock right in as well. The is just a little bit of play no more than normal I suspect. Overall I am extremely impressed so far with my purchases. These are beasts to say the least. These are not meant for Millennials in anyway shape or form. Besides I'm sure the first round fired would give them permanent PTSD. I have a pretty go selection of fodder heading my way. Tracking says my package will arrive Monday. I will head to the range (if they are open on weekdays) and get them properly sighted in. I will keep you all posted.

Bad Company

·
Banned
229 Posts
Nice RPKs I love my yugo deffenatly would be on a sling on my back in a go to war situation lol.

As far as your pictures you might want to try holding your phone opposite you did when you took those pics apparently cameras have a "natural right side up" so to speak learned this with posting pics else where

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice RPKs I love my yugo deffenatly would be on a sling on my back in a go to war situation lol.

As far as your pictures you might want to try holding your phone opposite you did when you took those pics apparently cameras have a "natural right side up" so to speak learned this with posting pics else where
You are probably right. New phone. Funny thing is it down loaded onto my computer correct side up. When downloaded for the JPG here they were all wonky. I will take more pictures when i'm out on the range. Thanks.

Bad Company

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My next purchase (when they have them in stock again) will be the same Yugo RPK but shortened to 16" barrel length. Now that will be fun.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mods:
I don't think I will need much of a muzzle brake with how heavy and long the barrels are. Im thinking more like a Flash Suppressor. I like the Meridian Defense F4-H4-AK Flash Hider.
Suppressor: I really like the retro look of the Dead Air Wolverine. It looks almost identical to the Russian Suppressors of the Cold War Era. So a couple of those should do the trick!

I need to locate a really nice leather sling for these RPKs. Maybe something old and worn a bit or maybe even new. I will know when I see it.

Other than that I think I need to wait and see how they actually shoot to know if I need anything else. Maybe a side scope mount. Maybe add a 1-8x26 scope? Will shall see.

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
You are probably right. New phone. Funny thing is it down loaded onto my computer correct side up. When downloaded for the JPG here they were all wonky. I will take more pictures when i'm out on the range. Thanks.

Bad Company
Iphone? I used to havesimilar problems uploading from Apple to Windows, before I got an Android phone. Something about them not communicating the data to each other, I’ve been told.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I just cleaned both RPKs. They were really coated in oil everywhere. The bore is new. I do not believe they test fired it or they did they cleaned it. After cleaning the rifles of excess oil I then turned my attention to the single Yugo mags that shipped with them. Now I had already received the 10 Yugo mags I ordered and was a bit supriesd that they were excessively coated in Cosmoline. I cleaned those and its really no big deal just some work. Well at first I thought the two mags that came with the rifles had already been cleaned up. Wrong. They just cleaned the surface cosmoline off. Still plenty left inside. I just took them apart and on one mag the floor plate was a bit rusted to the edges of the mag. The other is in A1 shape. They are sitting in a bath of super clean. I will scrub them down internally here in a few hours and then stick them in the Dish Washer (POT SCRUB cycle). It does wonders! Just don't let your wife catch you doing it. Mine just looked at me and asked me does it clean them really good? YUP! Make sure you get off all the cosmoline though. After they come out I will remove any surface rust left over and get a cold blueing kit and give a try at that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts