AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I open a page, and adds start blaring at me. I usually have music or something else on my computer that I have to kill to deal with this. Its angering....Please help me. How do I disable it? Or CAN it be disabled?

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Never heard music here. The pop ups are annoying here but I am sure due to the expense of running this forum, are now a necessary evil to keep from charging members. "The Mission Statement"
KrinkFreak started this board with states no fees to members and I am grateful to those original Administrators who have stood by this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Arg....Fair and true. I will just deal with it. I am a member of many other forums, and some have this issue while others do not. I do appriciate the free use. Just irritating when listening to a song or vid on youtube, or on your computer, when you get some add.....

I'll be an adult and cope.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
If you are using Chrome or Firefox, download adblock. It's wonderful and will even skip those pesky commercials when you watch episodes of stuff online.

·
Registered
8,435 Posts
Something's changed with the ownership / management of the forum.

Fine. The original guys provided a first rate - AD FREE - forum for years at no charge to the membership. If they want to change things up then it's their right. Members can take it or leave it (as has always been the case around here).

What puzzles me is why there hasn't been any announcement or discussion about the forum's present status. Is it a secret? Taboo?

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Something's changed with the ownership / management of the forum.

Fine. The original guys provided a first rate - AD FREE - forum for years at no charge to the membership. If they want to change things up then it's their right. Members can take it or leave it (as has always been the case around here).

What puzzles me is why there hasn't been any announcement or discussion about the forum's present status. Is it a secret? Taboo?
I received an email last year explaining these changes and I am sure all members were notified as well. You should have received the same if your email address on file was working at the time.
Rotdorn can answer your questions and will maybe jump in here at some point.

·
Registered
8,435 Posts
I received an email last year explaining these changes and I am sure all members were notified as well. You should have received the same if your email address on file was working at the time.
Rotdorn can answer your questions and will maybe jump in here at some point.
No, no memo. Maybe went to my spam catcher.

How about paraphrasing it for me?

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
No, no memo. Maybe went to my spam catcher.

How about paraphrasing it for me?
Thought I had saved it but cannot find. I will not attempt to paraphrase without original copy to review first, but the changes and future of the AKF were addressed and sounded promising.

·
Registered
8,435 Posts
Ok, Thanks anyway.

I hope I'm not the only dummy who's out of the loop. If anyone can point me at the details I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
None of the ads play audio on my PC while on this site...Running Windows 7 64 Bit with IE 11...strange

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Never heard music. I very seldom see the ads either, they arent always there for me. I do remember getting or reading the announcement, ill try and dig it up later.

The ad for me is at the tol of the screen, retangular box. Personally, i couldn't care less. I love this place, to the point I would pay a membership fee if asked very willingly. If the small ad at the top of the screen is sufficient enough for right now, I'll take it. After the major upgrade to the website recently, I was shocked we weren't being asked to donate or something!

just my two cents. I'd probably be more annoyed if I was hearing music, but neccessary evil is a great way to put it. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Am I on the same website as you guys?
I have never had a pop-up ad and certainly hear no music. Running IE 11. The only ad is a rectangle at the top.
I'm confused.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts