AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on what things to consider if one where to make a project of turning an Arsenal SLR CR model into a FR model?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
The CR barrels are turned down at the fsb, so if you use the CR barrel, you will have to knurl or maybe use a sleeve to achieve interference fit at the fsb. I think it's more trouble than it's worth. It would probably be best to pull the barrel and replace it with a complete 74 style barrel assembly but I still think it would be better to sell the CR and buy an FR.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
You want to make the short barrel model into a long standard barrel model ? most people seem to want to go the other way and make a shorter barreled handier "carbine". Maybe I dont understand the Question. I would sell the CR or trade it off, I believe the CR is a more desireable model of AK in my opinion.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You want to make the short barrel model into a long standard barrel model ? most people seem to want to go the other way and make a shorter barreled handier "carbine". Maybe I dont understand the Question. I would sell the CR or trade it off, I believe the CR is a more desireable model of AK in my opinion.
I always find the CR models for $200-300 cheaper but prefer a FR model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts