AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else seeing a recent downgrade in quality from Tula and their steel cased ammo? I've been getting it for a very long time now and have pumped countless amounts of rounds (both .223 and 7.62 in FMJ, HP, & SP) through my guns and have never once had any malfunctions with the ammo. It is only now during all these shortages that the Tula ammo I have been buying has been failing to fire. I think it's a hardened primer in the cartridge that is the problem and I am wondering if anyone knows whats going on or if they're seeing the same problems. It really took me to the edge when I went shooting this past weekend with a few hundred more rounds I got online a few weeks ago and I had a failure to fire 4 times in a row, with each round getting a dent in the primer but only firing when I put it back in the mag and try shooting it again. I'm sure its not a light hammer fire, since the guns I'm shooting worked fine with hundreds of other Tula rounds and other brands of rounds the days I have the Tula Failures. I am just losing my trust in Tula Ammo now with their latest batches of ammo being imported in.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Tulammao is Garbage. I stopped shooting it after I had two squib rounds with it, from different batches. Almost blew up my gun. Run away from that shit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I try to avoid Tulammo and stick with wolf. I had 5k rounds of Wolf 9mm dropped off today. Imagine my surprise when I opened the boxes and found Tulammo inside the Wolf boxes. You cant win.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The same thing happened to me with Wolf 9mm. It was just one box of 50 rounds but when I opened it up the casings said Tula. I read the box in more detail and it actually says it was made in the Tulammo factory so I guess that's why. It's only their 9mm that they use the same rounds in though. I ordered 1k rounds of Wolf 7.62x39 and I checked them and they actually said Wolf on them. I'm hoping the Wolf ammo I got for my AK will function better than the Tulammo.
I try to avoid Tulammo and stick with wolf. I had 5k rounds of Wolf 9mm dropped off today. Imagine my surprise when I opened the boxes and found Tulammo inside the Wolf boxes. You cant win.

·
Registered
722 Posts
A couple months back I bought 1k rounds of some of the nonmagnetic wolf ammo made at the ulyanovsk plant, which also makes a good amount of the tula and so far at least I’ve not noticed anything out of the ordinary as far as the amount of duds and such. Still got the majority of it to shoot though.

In the past I looked a bit down on the Tulammo, compared to some of the other brands, and I still feel it’s usually not quite as consistent as some of the other stuff, but as of right now I feel like the difference isn’t as much as I thought. Though I can’t comment on any tula made since my last purchase.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I’m no Tula fan, never had a dud or squib but I’ll gladly pay the extra penny or two for anything from Barnaul or Vympel.
I don’t want the cheapest, I want the best bang for the buck. Brown Bear laquored is easy to find for cheap, and seems to be more consistent.

I’ve seen chrono tests and out of 16” barrels Tula velocity is pretty high, just not consistent. Must be a slower burning powder, Tula does make the biggest fireballs out of my Draco.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts