AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Me likey! I was just the other day looking at one of my mutt shooter AK's and was saying "i should put a triangle stock on that and leave that trunnion" I was thinking I'm going to do the button hole oversized and off center.

You do awesome work man.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"i should put a triangle stock on that and leave that trunnion" I was thinking I'm going to do the button hole oversized and off center.
yeah, one in stottmans book was the idea for the rear. if you look at them they have akm spacing i think a lot of times and only 3 rivets rather than the lower rivets like actual russian.
i imagine they just used the original holes in the receiver.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
it now only needs micro small pits solid rust head to toe for finish then slowly worn white with industrial abrasive brillo pads. dude!

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
john, finish on the kit is actually original to the way it was imported. which is odd because it is blued.
so we just did the receiver, rear trunnion, and stock to try and match it.
maybe the owner will use the shit out of it though eh? ;)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Wow man, you sure are a craftsman... Outstanding job...

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
That's a sidefolder trunnion, you just left the 2 bottom rivets out?

·
Registered
771 Posts
What's the story on the kit? Is that a Polish front sight block? Definitely not from a 68 Tula, but I don't know if the earlier Russian AKM front sights are sans lightening cut on the back and front.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
That is gangster. It reminds me of AZAK's which is equally gangster. You kept it true to the original Khyber look which I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 15 of 15 Posts