AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I decided this past summer to focus on another year other than 1944 in my Mosin Collection, and after giving it much thought I have chosen 1936 as the year. 1936 gives me both hex and round receiver 91/30’s as well as top mount PE /PEM sniper rifles and Simonov Trials rifles from Tula, plus SCW rifles and Finn Captures from both Tula & Izhevsk.
All in all it ought to be a fun time adding some of these to my collection some of these.

Bottom –Top

36 Tula hex 91/30 [SA]
36 Tula round 91/30 [SA]
36 Tula hex 91/30 SCW
36 Tula round 91/30 SCW
36 Tula hex Simonov Trials Rifle

36 Tula hex [SA]

36 Tula round [SA]

36 Tula hex SCW

36 Tula round SCW

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

36 Tula Simonov Trials Rifle

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's a Simonov trials rifle?
They where a very limited production Trials rifle produce by Tula in 1936 to try some new bayonet, barrel bands, front sight, and action screw bedding ideas on the std 91/30.There where 3 basic designs and mine is design #1. After the trials where complete the rifles where put into normal arsenal storage and at least some, if not all made there way to the Iberian Pennisula to arm the Republicans in the Spanish Civil War. They are very rare and hard to find with approx 30,000 being made.

Simonov Trials Rifle

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
That's a nice collection. I would like to find a non refurbished rifle, especially a carbine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts