AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone out there able to replicate authentic trunnion markings for a bulgarian krink?

my bulgarian kit just has a 5 digit serial on the trunnion and thats all

would love to get a circle 10 or something authentic engraved/stamped prior to getting it built

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
The Bulgarian rifle markings are pretty easy to replicate in a satisfactory manner. This is because both the arsenal code, year code and production number were all engraved at the factory, and engraving is one of the most efficient and popular ways modern builders use when replicating these markings. Engravings don't mimic stampings too well, but they do great for faking engravings and roll marks. It may not look exactly the same under a jewelers loupe, but a skilled engraver can get pretty dang close to what Bulgarian factory engravers were doing for the last several decades. if it was me, i'd contact Two River Arms as they are now offering work like this, from what I understand. I have a Tabuk they engraved, and to me it looks awesome!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks....i would just like something engraved on my trunnion to indicate the arsenal factory or something

spoke with TRA in the past and they always seem too busy.....not interested in a 6mo+ turn around on trunnion engraving

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes however i would like to add a circle 10 or maybe a date code onto it

or would that just SCREAM not historical and non-authentic?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts