AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with the Tristar shotguns that are coming in? Specifically the Raptor model?

I have read a bit about them, and they seem to be generally good guns that just need some break in to run light loads. Considering picking one up, and was just trying to figure out if the recoil spring wraps around the magazine tube or if it is in a tube in the stock like on the Benelli?

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like the action spring wraps that magazine tube, at least according to the PDF manual I found (duh!)

·
Registered
21,770 Posts
Think these will drive the cost of the real Benelli shotguns through the roof?

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
It would be nice if it was 3 1/2 inch

Eta, I would rather have the recoil spring under the handguard. In extreme rough service, water will get in the tube and rust up the spring. This results in having to install a stainless Sure-cycle system (~$200)

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered a 12 gauge today through a new gun store (well, new to me) in the area- only $320 plus tax. Keeping an eye on the 20 gauge guns for the S/O.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
So is this shotgun inertia recoil operated like the Benelli's? I was planning on picking up a montefeltro for my daughter, but if these are similar, I may take a look at them.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The shop I help out at has sold quite a few of these. They seem to work well, and the price is hard to beat. We haven't received any complaints from customers, and their customer support is great. The action is very similar to a Beretta auto. I personally prefer the SAR made shotguns from Turkey. They have similar pricing and the fit and finish seems better.

Nathan

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll post a review on them when I get one in hand.

There is no aftermarket support for them right now, but I just have a feeling that might be changing in the very near future. :wink:

Sven
Manticore Arms

1 - 9 of 9 Posts