AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever heard of a fixture to drill the mag-catch pivot pin hole on a blank trigger guard? I'd like to be able to correctly drill the hole for the mag catch pivot pin with very little set up so that I can do multiple pieces in a short time. If one already exists, it will save me the time of having one made.

Thanks

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
You can use paper and pencil to make a rubbing of an existing trigger guard. The housing at the front including the outer edge and the pivot pin. Transfer that template to the virgin and center punch & drill.
Dunno of ant specific drilling fixture. Some folks have sacrificed a trigger guard and cut off the two front pieces t the pivot and use those as the template/fixtures.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I just did one recently and I just measured one of another rifle and center punched. I then put it in the drill press and I had no problems with it. I drilled a bit small and used a t-handle reamer to bring it up to the size I needed.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've done a few using another one as a guide, but I'm looking for a way to crank them out much faster. Place in jig, bolt down, align hole on mill, drill through, assemble. Looks like I'll have to design a jig myself. Shouldn't be too difficult.

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
This is a 7 year old thread.
Might want to look in the Marjetplace area to start a want to buy or start a new post..

But AKBuilder, robertforbus.com sell yools., and if you Google AK47 building tools there are several other sellers of building tools and jigs.
Thetre are sevral diffetent types for rivets in various locations on the receiver.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Haha I should really check the dates on the threads huh...
seems like everything everywhere is out of stock. I can keep using my old rivet gun and bucking bar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts