1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
That was cool! I enjoyed it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I went and watched it again. I like that it has the same look and feel as "The Thing" even though its done with GI Joe. :dance: I'm gonna have to show that to some friends.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
LOL that was pretty cool.

But am I missing something...? There was no mention about "ice samples" in The Thing that I remember...and that wasnt how the anomoly infected everyone either...they found a burned Thing at the Norwegian campsite.

Or is it just LOOSELY based on The Thing? :razz: Maybe I'm thinking too much...awesome movie though.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Very cool! Thanks!

Loosely based on JC's "The Thing". I first saw that film sitting on the parade deck at MCRD San Diego.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Its a different take on it, I like it.

In the movie the first thing was the dog that was being chased by the helicopter. Remember it got the dogs first because they put it in with the rest of the dogs.

Seems like I remember it had to absorb its victim to shift to its shape. I remember the guys saying "it takes time".

The Norwegians found a crashed space ship and thats how they got ahold of it.

I like that the oatmeal guy was 'it' for awile! :smile:

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
dr1553 said:
Its a different take on it, I like it.

In the movie the first thing was the dog that was being chased by the helicopter. Remember it got the dogs first because they put it in with the rest of the dogs.

Seems like I remember it had to absorb its victim to shift to its shape. I remember the guys saying "it takes time".

The Norwegians found a crashed space ship and thats how they got ahold of it.

I like that the oatmeal guy was 'it' for awile! :smile:
Oh yeah, you're right. I havent seen the movie in awhile.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Very creative, loved it. I also like the fact they used the 80s smaller GI JOEs rather than the old people 12" ones from the 40s. I grew up with 80s GI JOE. :grin:

·
Registered
19 Posts
very cool, music drove my wife crazy after a couple minutes... (she was watching TV and I was on the laptop).

WHAT IS THAT? :shock:

:twisted: :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts