AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered this dong from Apex with the intention of cutting it down to made the shark fin for my Khyber pass build. It comes in and it turns out it has some trench art on it , two names and some other stuff. I’m hesitant to cut I’d down now. I know it’s preference but I’m Curious to see what y’all think.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
I like trench art, if you want to do some swappin.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The AK Forum, saving Romania's history one dong at a time. Awesome job!🤣😂🤣.

I wonder where the person that did some of my trench art was while he carved his girls name or cut another notch into my rifles furniture. I wonder:unsure:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I have bought a bunch of used AK stocks from APEX and you never know what trench art may be on them. If there are markings on them I leave them.
I bought several Balkan War sets and they were fabulous . Lots of soldier art and the one on the left you can see a bullet strike on the buttstock.
Both are WASR 10/63s one dated 1966 and the other 1973.Both were pawn shop finds.
I did run and gun them extensively and run them very hard.
Air gun Wood Shotgun Knife Art

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Chopped dong is so played out and has literally caused a dong shortage/inflation. Not to mention, it would not be correct for a Khyber. Chopped dongs and cheese graters are correct for social media schitck builds..

·
Registered
7,650 Posts
There was a person on ebay and GB who would intentionally cut dongs in to fins then re finish them in all sorts of obnoxious colors then try to charge over $300 for same.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chopped dong is so played out and has literally caused a dong shortage/inflation. Not to mention, it would not be correct for a Khyber. Chopped dongs and cheese graters are correct for social media schitck builds..
Yeah, it’s a fad, I use think they were the shit, then I finally pulled the trigger and orderd one, it wasn’t until I got it that I was like, idk man, I cant cut this, especially with the trench art. Y’all deff talked me out of it for sure. Interestingly enough, I’ve been seeing a lot of pics of the full dong coming out of Afghanistan lately. So in terms of a correct Khyber build, would the dong fit?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I think it would and I'm not one to follow all the gun forum fads anyway.
If the dong is there fine if its been cut well so what and I will use it because thats the way it was used before APEX received it.
Hell I have seen Khyber Pass pics where and AK might have a FAL butstock on it.
They used just about anything on AKs so to say what is correct for a Khyber build is a moot point because it could be anything.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am not a fan of the dong, however, people like them. For me, they are just in the way of a good magazine change. That's why Hungarians made 20 round tanker mag. But Romainians never thought to do the same. An ak-47 with a dong would not be my go to rifle.
Just my thoughts. Big Joe

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
The dong is a help if you are running the gun hard it keeps your hand a lot cooler.
Most of the time you will see areas on the dong that have lines on it from all the mag changes over time. Once you get used to the dong being there mag changes with 30 round mags are a non issue.

·
Registered
Mostly Soviet
70 Posts
The ONLY time I've ever chopped up a dong was to make it into a reverse-dong. The shellac was gone and the thing had some mold accumulated from sitting in someone's humid Florida garage, no trench art. Didn't feel like paying for $100+ for a real one, and it only cost me a beaten up palm-swell in a trade. Aside from that, very anti-bubba on these things and many AK collectors love collecting the Balkan War BFPU stuff (myself included).

·
Registered
274 Posts
I am not a fan of the dong, however, people like them. For me, they are just in the way of a good magazine change. That's why Hungarians made 20 round tanker mag. But Romainians never thought to do the same. An ak-47 with a dong would not be my go to rifle.
Just my thoughts. Big Joe
There are 20 round Romanian magazines that are incredibly rare. Used with the md80.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
No chop dong, chopped dong is wrong.

Have we reached peak dong yet, is it time to sell?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts