AK Rifles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have S&W upper 5.45x39 on Tactics,Tempe AZ lower receiver and CAA 6 position stock.It`s fun rifle to shoot ,i got trade offer for DPMS LR-308 16 " barrel.
I don`t have anything in .308.What do you think...should i trade or not???What do i need to know about DPMS in .308???

· Registered
3,162 Posts
gnag said:
I have S&W upper 5.45x39 on Tactics,Tempe AZ lower receiver and CAA 6 position stock.It`s fun rifle to shoot ,i got trade offer for DPMS LR-308 16 " barrel.
I don`t have anything in .308.What do you think...should i trade or not???What do i need to know about DPMS in .308???
.308 is HELLA expensive right now.

5.45 is still a really cheap round to shoot.

· Registered
23,508 Posts
I wouldn't.

Hold out for a better deal you can pay cash for. There are already threads comparing the various platforms out there.. FAL, AR-10, M1a and G3.. check those out.

DPMS is still in the 308 game but if I was going AR-10 I'd probably hold out for an Armalite.

· Registered
1,871 Posts
i would hold off, but if you do go with an AR-10 some day make sure it takes M110 pattern mags like DPMS, laRue, knights, ECT. and not the hugely overpriced ones like armalite and noveske takes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.