AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I would like to trade my 74 as a parts kit or whole (I don't know how that would be done being that it is homebuilt) for a stock unconverted saiga 5.45. The barrel was professionally populated by the company I bought the kit from, Colorado ak. Everything is straight, it shoots great, all numbers match. It was my first build so it is a screw build but that wouldn't matter if you do a new reciever. The only reason I want to do this is because I built this for my wife because it has less recoil that my saiga 7.62 and with this dumb law in NY you can't have a semi-automatic gun with a pistol grip unless you register it this coming January. Which is not possible with a serial numberless gun. And it's not like I can just get a NDS reciever to swap onto it to register it because the reciever would have had to been purchased before last January. I would like to have a range gun my wife can shoot so we don't have to keep taking turns with my 7.62. Have extras to go with it, set of polish heat treated rails, ak builder rivet kit the only reason I didn't use the kit was the riveter I bought didn't work.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just use the original kits serial number...its ATF legal..you built it..the trunnion has a number on it..register it with the trunnion number..
I might not have been clear in my post. I'm not registering anything, I don't want to and have no intentions of registering any of my guns. NY has already proven in the past that registration will lead to confiscation. Just ask residents of NYC when mayor dinkens made everyone registered turn in their guns and the ones who didn't were visited by the police. I have thousands of rounds of 5.45 and want a gun I can take to the range without worry. I don't want to butcher any of my 74's to make them compliant, which would mean I have to either grind the threads off the fsb or replace it with a non threaded one.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
ah well thats different. get a bare bones 5.45 siaga then. I guess demill your rifle and take all the screws out and sell it as a kit. just make sure you post that it was a screw build in the ad because that matters to some people. I feel your pain being in California...libtard laws that dont stop crime and just hurts the legal people...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts