AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe old news but 1st I've seen it.....not sure what to think...neat but also kind of ....alarming....This shit better be a ITAR item..

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tracking Point charges from $22,500 to $27,500 for the different versions of its bolt-action rifle, which has a five-round magazine using .300 or .338 Lapua :eek:

Gonna have to want something shot real bad to shell out that kind of coin ..damn

And it seems there is a line...get on the list https://tracking-point.com/precision-guided-firearms/xs1

Seems Remington is buying a cheaper version from them to sell...looks like scope only... no rifle trigger integration ..$5000.00 Shoot 2020

·
Premium Member
6,893 Posts
No thanks. $5k buys you lots of components and training. You'd be much further along to do that and learn how to shoot.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No thanks. $5k buys you lots of components and training. You'd be much further along to do that and learn how to shoot.
Right on that....don't worry I'm not spending on something like that...heck I'm old school USMC... Iron sights...(I have however cheated recently..put a red dot on a AR God forgive me).

The technology aspect is however interesting. The big $ gun has the trigger tied to the scope...the electronics actually fire the weapon and it has WiFi video capabilities....seems not much of a technology stretch to add a mount and a few servos and you have a remote control sniper rifle ....add some target recognition software ..automated sentry/sniper with 1000yard range.

·
Registered
22,624 Posts
For that money it better be EMP and hacker proof.

Spoilers - its probably neither.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Meh, takes out all the sport and competition in it. How fun would golf be if you had a club that gave ya a hole in one perfectly every time?

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
It is the leading edge of the video., target lock., interfaced aiming devices. There were other types at the Shot Show last year.., like a much a simpler method to "screen aim" using a cell phone or any screen type device (digital camera etc,) to aim a rifle. Ability to use zoom feature was demo's etc. It was sold as alternative sighting and for impaired folks that cannot shoulder an arm as well as a universal mount for regular aim & shoot using a video screen for hunting etc.
I think in the future it will be a common and less expensive than current cost method for sighting and shooting. Not a replacement for glass optics or iron sights., just another technology.

The Tracking Point simulators and free stuff they gave out was very interesting at the Las Vegas show.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts