AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,725 Posts
:allright:

Excellent news! I hope MA is next.

This is a start...
by The Republican Newsroom
Tuesday July 29, 2008, 10:26 PM
By DAN RING
[email protected]

BOSTON - The state House of Representatives today killed a disputed proposal by the governor to raise license fees for guns - and then voted to dramatically lower the existing fee.

With formal legislative sessions set to end at midnight Thursday for this year, the Massachusetts Senate voted to approve $1.7 billion environmental bond bill that includes money to improve the grounds of the Three County Fair in Northampton and to prepare the old Belchertown State School for redevelopment. The bond bill was approved in the House last week.

The Senate, aiming to boost participation in elections, also voted 33-5 to approve a bill to allow voters in general and state elections to register to vote on Election Day itself. The bill would allow people to register as little as 14 days in advance, down from the current 20 days, or on the day of the election. The election bill was sent to the House, where it's fate is unclear.

In a surprise move, the House voted 94-57 to lower the fee for a firearms license from $100 to $40.

The proposed $40 fee was approved as part of a more comprehensive bill filed by Gov. Deval L. Patrick. The bill calls for raising money to help finance the state's near universal health care law.

When Patrick filed the bill on July 13, he proposed to increase the fee for a six-year firearms license from $100 to $200, establish a new annual $100 license inspection fee for gun dealers and hike the fee for someone from another state to carry a firearm in Massachusetts from $100 to $250. Patrick was seeking to raise money for state services.

House leaders stripped out the governor's proposed fee increases before the bill reached the floor for a vote.

Sen. Stephen M. Brewer, D-Barre, said legislators sent a message to the governor.

"That ought to teach Governor Patrick to ask for a gun license increase," Brewer said. "Bring in an increase and we lower it."

Brewer said he would support the proposal to lower the fee, but he didn't know how it would fare in the Senate.

Rep. Donald F. Humason Jr., R-Westfield, said he was pleased by the House tally to lower the fee.

"It's the right thing to do," said Humason, who cosponsored the proposal to cut the fee. "We're talking about a constitutionally-guaranteed freedom to keep and bear arms."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
617 Posts
We need to take this offensive straight to Sarah Brady's doorstep, and put her out of business for good.

I notice that she's making a fat pile of cash out of her "concern for public safety."

Sarah Brady is the Robert Tilton of gun control.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,881 Posts
During Obamas second term and 4th SCOTUS nominees approval the 2 A will be nutered beyond anything Draconian California could pull off in their wildest Secular Progressive San Franpsycho Values dreams!.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,359 Posts
Chicago burbs... both Wilmette and Morton Grove (who had the longest standing ban) both dropped their handgun bans recently with Evanston on deck.

Mayor Daley quoted as saying:

"Morton Grove can do anything that it wants," Daley said at an unrelated news conference. "I don't look at this lightly—that, 'Oh, because the Supreme Court's done it we're just gonna dismiss it and all of a sudden people can arm themselves,' " he said."

Ya, who does the Supreme Court think they are anyway? :twisted:

He (Daley) also appealed to residents to participate Saturday in the city's gun turn-in program—now in its fourth year. Earlier this week, Daley made a similar appeal, rejecting questions about such programs' effectiveness.

Guns can be dropped off from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 25 locations throughout the city, no questions asked, police said. Participants will receive a $100 prepaid MasterCard for turning in guns.

Since 2006, more than 11,000 illegal guns have been collected through the buyback program, police said.


Real nice.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
25,849 Posts
Blanco_Diablo said:
Do you think this'll have any effect on the 1986 NFA...?
I hope it does, but I"ll believe it when I see it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,172 Posts
From one MAsshole to another, Holy Farking Snit!

I can't believe the idiots in the statehouse actually passed this!

Those of you who don't live in the Commiewealth of Taxachusetts just have no idea.

Figures though, I just re-upped for $100.

:neutral:


Kenelm52 said:
:allright:

Excellent news! I hope MA is next.

This is a start...
by The Republican Newsroom
Tuesday July 29, 2008, 10:26 PM
By DAN RING
[email protected]

BOSTON - The state House of Representatives today killed a disputed proposal by the governor to raise license fees for guns - and then voted to dramatically lower the existing fee.

With formal legislative sessions set to end at midnight Thursday for this year, the Massachusetts Senate voted to approve $1.7 billion environmental bond bill that includes money to improve the grounds of the Three County Fair in Northampton and to prepare the old Belchertown State School for redevelopment. The bond bill was approved in the House last week.

The Senate, aiming to boost participation in elections, also voted 33-5 to approve a bill to allow voters in general and state elections to register to vote on Election Day itself. The bill would allow people to register as little as 14 days in advance, down from the current 20 days, or on the day of the election. The election bill was sent to the House, where it's fate is unclear.

In a surprise move, the House voted 94-57 to lower the fee for a firearms license from $100 to $40.

The proposed $40 fee was approved as part of a more comprehensive bill filed by Gov. Deval L. Patrick. The bill calls for raising money to help finance the state's near universal health care law.

When Patrick filed the bill on July 13, he proposed to increase the fee for a six-year firearms license from $100 to $200, establish a new annual $100 license inspection fee for gun dealers and hike the fee for someone from another state to carry a firearm in Massachusetts from $100 to $250. Patrick was seeking to raise money for state services.

House leaders stripped out the governor's proposed fee increases before the bill reached the floor for a vote.

Sen. Stephen M. Brewer, D-Barre, said legislators sent a message to the governor.

"That ought to teach Governor Patrick to ask for a gun license increase," Brewer said. "Bring in an increase and we lower it."

Brewer said he would support the proposal to lower the fee, but he didn't know how it would fare in the Senate.

Rep. Donald F. Humason Jr., R-Westfield, said he was pleased by the House tally to lower the fee.

"It's the right thing to do," said Humason, who cosponsored the proposal to cut the fee. "We're talking about a constitutionally-guaranteed freedom to keep and bear arms."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
Gun buy backs are great........if you're criminal needing to ditch a gun used in a murder. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,725 Posts
Same here, I almost fell out of my chair when I read the paper this morning. I just couldn't believe it.

Two family members just renewed for $100 and I did a few months back... :thumbsdown:

Where are you in MA (Worcester County here)? Have you ever been to First Defense Firearms in Uxbridge? Great shop, good people.

red_metallic said:
From one MAsshole to another, Holy Farking Snit!

I can't believe the idiots in the statehouse actually passed this!

Those of you who don't live in the Commiewealth of Taxachusetts just have no idea.

Figures though, I just re-upped for $100.

:neutral:


Kenelm52 said:
:allright:

Excellent news! I hope MA is next.

This is a start...
by The Republican Newsroom
Tuesday July 29, 2008, 10:26 PM
By DAN RING
[email protected]

BOSTON - The state House of Representatives today killed a disputed proposal by the governor to raise license fees for guns - and then voted to dramatically lower the existing fee.

With formal legislative sessions set to end at midnight Thursday for this year, the Massachusetts Senate voted to approve $1.7 billion environmental bond bill that includes money to improve the grounds of the Three County Fair in Northampton and to prepare the old Belchertown State School for redevelopment. The bond bill was approved in the House last week.

The Senate, aiming to boost participation in elections, also voted 33-5 to approve a bill to allow voters in general and state elections to register to vote on Election Day itself. The bill would allow people to register as little as 14 days in advance, down from the current 20 days, or on the day of the election. The election bill was sent to the House, where it's fate is unclear.

In a surprise move, the House voted 94-57 to lower the fee for a firearms license from $100 to $40.

The proposed $40 fee was approved as part of a more comprehensive bill filed by Gov. Deval L. Patrick. The bill calls for raising money to help finance the state's near universal health care law.

When Patrick filed the bill on July 13, he proposed to increase the fee for a six-year firearms license from $100 to $200, establish a new annual $100 license inspection fee for gun dealers and hike the fee for someone from another state to carry a firearm in Massachusetts from $100 to $250. Patrick was seeking to raise money for state services.

House leaders stripped out the governor's proposed fee increases before the bill reached the floor for a vote.

Sen. Stephen M. Brewer, D-Barre, said legislators sent a message to the governor.

"That ought to teach Governor Patrick to ask for a gun license increase," Brewer said. "Bring in an increase and we lower it."

Brewer said he would support the proposal to lower the fee, but he didn't know how it would fare in the Senate.

Rep. Donald F. Humason Jr., R-Westfield, said he was pleased by the House tally to lower the fee.

"It's the right thing to do," said Humason, who cosponsored the proposal to cut the fee. "We're talking about a constitutionally-guaranteed freedom to keep and bear arms."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,359 Posts
AZ_BuickGuy said:
Gun buy backs are great........if you're criminal needing to ditch a gun used in a murder. :mad:
and they get $100! (in Chicago)

$100 of tax payer money. Lets see that's 11000 divided by 3yrs... that's 3666.66 firearms at $100 a crack.. $366,666.66 a yr in taxpayer money?? from a city crying poor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So anyone could turn a POS like a Bryco .25 and get a $100 prepaid mastercard for it?
A gun that was probably stolen....
Wonder how much crack the "Chicago mastercard" trades for on the street.... :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
900 Posts
Wonder how much crack 100 bucks buys...
Ask their governor: sounds like he's been smoking enough of it.


The bill calls for raising money to help finance the state's near universal health care law.
Pretty diabolical plan: get the freedom-lovers to pay for the Socialist health plan. :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,562 Posts
Protip:
1. Take Bryco,Lorcin or other poorly made firearm to gun turn in

2. Receive mastercard

3. Use money to buy new better gun or ammo.

4. Take picture of buying new gun/ammo and send to (insert local gun grabbing politician here)

5. Profit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like your style. How about this:
1. Get written trade in value of your crap gun on new one you want.
2. Hopefully trade in value will be somewhere around $25-$35 dollars.
3. Go get your Chicago plastic.
4. Take picture of your new upgraded gun with trade in letter beside it.
5. Email them thanking the city for helping you purchase a bigger gun.
6. Inquire if they are paying anything on rocket launchers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,359 Posts
Speaking of wasting the tax payers money....

I hope King Daley makes good on his promise to take the fight all the way to the Supreme Court. It's a terrible waste of money for the city, but when they lose it should set the precedent in stone.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top