AK Rifles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a Yugo M70 with a Tortort 100%. Sweet, sweet metal. Man, that guy can sure machine. Anyhow, are his receivers known to be really tight in the magwell? I've tried about a dozen different mags, and more than a few won't even get the nose in. All 5 or 6 Yugo mags (ironically) were too tight - I couldn't even get the front of the mag in. Tried 3 or 4 Romy (probably) mags, one was too tight at the front, two locked but were super tight at the front, one was a hair too long. Polish mags were both too tight at the front. Hungarian mags locked right in like they were ready to rock and roll.

So I'm guessing this is a job for some 400 grit sandpaper and beer? And patience, Lots of patience.

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
I dont have a yugo specific receiver from him other than an M76, but my other patterned(blugy/soviet) receivers were all fine.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I would give him a call and send it back he can fix it and make it right.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I prefer a really tight fit as to the opposite, as you can always take more metal off - Adding metal is tougher. Most all of my Tortorts are super tight fits. I would just grab a flat file and a couple beers and get comfy for a half hour.

Thing is, Surplus mags tend to be all over the place as for fit.... he has to start somewhere for a base standard, and not try to build a receiver to the huge variety of mags out there.. not worth sending back IMO.

Reactions: scottyb

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
I haven't had that issue with Tortort Receivers either. I'm sure Ben would make it right if you give him a call, but I would follow the suggestion of others above and hit it with some sand paper, or a file.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts