AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

This thread will be a work in progress. I've received a few PM's asking me how I applied for and received my C&R. The 'hoops' I had to jump through etc.

I'm going to go back through my notes and see what I can post for you guys.

Please feel free to ad suggestions, tips etc.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Make sure you call after a few weeks. I sent in my application in November 05, the check was cashed, then the holidays came and I forgot I had applied.

Well jump ahead to April and I think, didn't I apply for a C & R. So I call and the friendly women says, "yes I see you are good, but I don't see your application" and asked if I would send her a copy of it. :neutral:

Couldn't find a copy, probably forgot to make one, but I call back and she says it was microfished and it was on the way. Should see it in a few days.

I live just south of Atlanta where there office is could have driven there and gotten it.

Bottom line is call to ensure your application is moved along and not pigeoned holed.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
The #1 way- the ONLY way-

Wait the time you are supposed to (60 days). The VERY NEXT DAY, call. Then, call EVERY DAY untill they send it. You realize that the time it takes for your application to go through is greatly minimized.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Mine only took about three weeks.

Dieter, while you are waiting, type up a bunch of letters to the distributors, and get the envelopes addressed. It will make it much easier and quicker to get your C&R FFL on file everywhere. :wink:

·
Registered
257 Posts
ATF recieved my application on Feb 27th and as of today it's being processed...

I hate waiting!

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
If you to the Gunco Board and check out their C&R forum, Salbo has put up a very good thread with the forms you need in PDF format and instructions on filling them out. That was a nice help for me when I got mine.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Got my C&R today!!!

I'm off to Empire Arms for some Nagants and stuff...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts