AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another member here has asked me about top cover difference so I figured Id post the pics here and possibly help others..Hopefully I didnt botch this..

from left to right..1963 romanian akm. romy g ,1971 soviet,hungarian,polish akms,1977 soviet akms,east german used for a 70 soviet akm.

same as above

same as above

same as above

same as above

same as above

63 romy, has no selector bulge

romy g

71 soviet

hungarian, has no selector bulge

polish akms

77 soviet akms, selector recesses into top cover

77 soviet akms

east german,used on 71 soviet

63 romy

romy g

71 soviet

hungarian

polish

77 soviet akms

east german

Pics below are egyptian..I think its closest to the polish top cover..

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Thank You

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Whoa, excellent work on puttin' this spread together. Still digesting it all, would make for a nice contribution to the eventual parts reference guide/ID guide in the Reference Section.

t

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys..Just trying to help.. :grin:

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
This is great documention right here.

I wish we would have more stickys on the forum comparing Russian parts to other Country's parts...would really help when doing a accurate clone..

·
Registered
638 Posts
The links all show "Photobucket bandwidth exceeded." Does anyone have a link to those pictures somewhere else?

·
Registered
218 Posts
New links would be nice or ones that work any way. Would like to see some Chinese top covers too!

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Unfortunately, too many people looked at the pictures before me and others.

The OPs personal account with photobucket met it's limit.

I don't have my own account for this, I use the forum's built in service with Imageshack. So pictures I posted years ago are still there, which is the best reason to use a built in service. It is best in the long term for the forum. Of course, the OPs pics are still there as well, it's just that too much bandwidth was used to view them. A common problem when something popular is posted on a personal base level account.

Yes I know many people said Imageshack sucks, but I don't understand that as I have never had a problem. They even moved the direct link to the top of the upload page in bold letters. It was hidden in a drop down at the bottom of the page.

Sorry for the OT but I thought some folks might like to know why this happens.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Would the pics have been storred in a more secure location if the thread had been "Stickied"??

·
Registered
249 Posts
TRX said:
The links all show "Photobucket bandwidth exceeded." Does anyone have a link to those pictures somewhere else?
Just paste the address of the photos into your browser. They are all still in his PB account in the same location.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Lumox said:
Would the pics have been storred in a more secure location if the thread had been "Stickied"??
No, the pics are hosted by an outside service. On a server not part of the forum.

Of course there are ways to view the pictures, if you know where to look. But that process does not help the usability of the thread, and kills it's chance to be a sticky. Not to mention the possible privacy issue involved in that process as well.

The OP put some effort into this thread, so I'd like to see it live.

Ak-nut, let me know if you would like for me to gather the pics and do a thread with your forum name in the title to duplicate the info and pics hosted from the built in service. I'd be glad to do it, and it would take only a few minutes to a half hour max.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Here's a little something some of you guys will appreciate.

I copied and pasted only one address from the images above and viewed it in my browser.

And now for some reason that image only shows up in the thread itself.
That's interesting, and I suspect it is because it's in my cache now, and it can be found for the thread. Even though I did nothing to link the two events.

First time I've seen that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts