AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I just want to say thank you again to everyone who posts on this board. I finished my AMD 65 yesterday after MUCH turmoil. Its the advice you all gave that got me through my second build without throwing this kit in a lake. Let me tell you, I have a Romak, a SAR-1 a Romanian G and now this AMD. This gun is amazing. I haven't giggled like a school girl about shooting in a long time. Good thing the range was empty! Its almost scary when that muzzle flash throws flames out each side. This gun was the reason I began looking at building from kits. I saw it at a gun show and bought with no knowledge many years ago. Anyways.....here are some pics. My video camera died at the range so nothing but cheap stills from my cell phone. I still need to take it all apart again and refinish, but this was my test shoot. It preformed flawlessly. I was shocked after what it took to build it. Probably put 300 rounds through her today and not one glitch. MAN I love this gun. The other is my Romi-G and the 45 is a llama 1911 clone that I refinished for a buddy.

Edited by Motorcityman, PM sent.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Both look very nice!

What did you use for the finish? The top cover on the 65 looks the same as the finish on the G. Are they the same? Just curious. :hail:

·
Registered
588 Posts
They look awesome! What kind of finish did you use?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
As lax as Al. is with most gun laws, CCW etc., they don't allow SBR's for some strange reason. Supposedly they're trying to get it ammended......

Looks like he's gonna be shoppin for an extended snake brake......

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I promise, the break has been ordered. Just couldn't wait and the range was empty. It has been disassembled already and won't see parts again until it is fully functional and legal.

The finish on the AMD was like that when I bought it. I don't think this gun has ever been fired. The Romi was finished in AK Black GunKote.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts