AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for semi-auto parts and a Receiver for my RPD. I am told on weaponeer not to buy wiselite anything because they lost their contract with century arms and are only selling "seconds." My questions are
1. can you still buy DSA Receivers and how much do they usually run ?
2. where to get semi auto parts when wiselite is doing seconds and Pirate is getting more bad press then good lately? People are reporting that they are taking back unfinished guns that were quoted at 6 weeks but have been returned still as kits in 18 weeks. If this is true I am hesitant to buy semi-auto parts let alone a receiver from him
Thank guys
Greg

·
Registered
434 Posts
Re: told not to buy wiselite and others not completing custo

Dixson Machine is one option for the receiver. He was working on the semi parts, but not sure if he finished putting that together or not. Project Guns has been good to me, so I'm not going to steer you away from them.

DSA receivers are no existant, and Wiselite ones are ok, but would be my last choice to the others.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

gvguns said:
Dixson Machine is one option for the receiver. He was working on the semi parts, but not sure if he finished putting that together or not. Project Guns has been good to me, so I'm not going to steer you away from them.

DSA receivers are no existant, and Wiselite ones are ok, but would be my last choice to the others.
I would go dixie but the huge name plate on the side is a killer for me

·
Registered
405 Posts

What bad press has Pirate gotten lately? He came through for me with a build even though he got swamped with work after Sandy Hook occurred.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

quizkid said:
What bad press has Pirate gotten lately? He came through for me with a build even though he got swamped with work after Sandy Hook occurred.
2 or 3 people on weaponer said they took rpds back after 18 weeks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts