AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I be able to pull the magazine out with my finger tips? :smile: It's really easy to do with a full mag.
I don't have to push the release button at all. I keep having to smack the mag back in position in the mag well.

If my mag catch is worn out? Is it hard to replace?

Does anybody know of a good alternate resource on the web about Tokarev pistols?

·
Registered
551 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but are you sure you've got the right mag for the pistol? It sounds like the mag just isn't locking in at all. Does a less-than-full mag lock in?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mag is a new production Serbian made 7.62 magazine. M57 Tokarev by the way.
A partially full magazine stays in a bit better since it's lighter but all I have to do is jiggle the pistol and the mag slides down about a quarter inch. Funny thing is, it won't slide down anymore than that unless you pull down on it.
It's just enough so the weapon can't feed another round.

P.S. I have misplaced my original Yugo magazine that came with the gun. :evil:

·
Registered
551 Posts
OK, but it sounds like the mag you've got isn't locking in at all. If the original did, the problem is probably with the replacement mag. If you had problems with the original, the first places to look (IMHO) are the mag catch spring and the mag catch itself. You could also have some gunk in the mag catch area gumming up the works.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Sounds like the magazine latch notch may need to be filed a little. If you take the grips off, insert the mag. and try to see if the latch in engaging the latch notch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts