AK Rifles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would threading a barrel/front sight base on a non-threaded gun add a 922(r) compliance part? Or does it have to have an imported muzzle attachment to be a 922(r) part?

I'd like to be able to use a threaded barrel with and without a US made flash suppressor.. but never with an imported muzzle attachment. This wouldn't add a part, would it?

· Registered
143 Posts
From what I understand of your post, this will NOT help you in getting closer to your US parts count. If you're muzzle isn't threaded right now and has no muzzle attachment, then it isn't counted for 922r. If you thread the muzzle and add a US muzzle attachment, you'll be in the same place you are with 922r, but you'll have a muzzle attachment.

I say go for it, but you'll still have to find another US part to be in compliance.

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lewcifer820 said:
From what I understand of your post, this will NOT help you in getting closer to your US parts count. If you're muzzle isn't threaded right now and has no muzzle attachment, then it isn't counted for 922r. If you thread the muzzle and add a US muzzle attachment, you'll be in the same place you are with 922r, but you'll have a muzzle attachment.

I say go for it, but you'll still have to find another US part to be in compliance.
Thank you! You answered my question.

· Banned
4,281 Posts
from what I understand of your post, you are asking if you take a non-threaded foreign made barrel, and put threads on it, will that make the barrel a US part. if that is what you are asking, then no, that does not make the barrel a US part.

if you thread that barrel then screw on a US made muzzle attachment, then you have 1 US part (the muzzle attachement) the barrel is still a foreign barrel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.