AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my Saiga 132SM 7.62x39. Does such a thread protector exist? Or just a basic compensator/flash hider/brake that would cover the whole thread and use the lock that is flat black?
IMG_2163.JPG IMG_2164.JPG

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
I'm guessing someone faced off the original neutered FSB, which was a 100 series FSB with the 24mm threads removed, and then threaded how ever much of the barrel was left exposed.

Personally I would try to make a nut that would cover the extra threads and then leave the right amount of threads for a standard AK muzzle device.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there are 14mm to 24mm adapters out there.. put one on and hide all those threads inside the '74 brake.
I picked up a 14-1LH to 24 adapter and it will only catch a very small amount of thread and will not go any more. Now that's another issue. lol

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Obtain a 24mm front sight base and replace what is on there now, it should cover it well and you can use a real 24mm brake.

Reactions: sterwer

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
you mean it will start but stops after a turn or so?

if so then the thread depth on either the adapter or the barrel is most likely off. Only way to fix it is to run a die on the barrel, and a tap into the adapter, depending on which is the issue.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hold on there is a solution.....must research. Search dinzagarms. You could try contacting member GuidoFL, he used Dinzag Arms products on his Saiga, like what you need for yours. They are threaded extra deep to cover the threads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts