AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep seeing these pistols for under $200 around here. I know the issue with the extra heavy double action shot, and the Wolff Spring fix.
Any of you guys out there use these? Whats the poop on these...get one, or pass?

·
Banned
344 Posts
Bought one a few months ago, it does have a trigger-pull of 24 lbs. what most people do is to get a 18 lbs. spring and that problem is solved, there is the P-64 Forum which can answer any and all questions. they have gone up in price like crazy, but are very acc. and easy to conceal, most people love them. original mags are a little hard to find and not cheap!
I love mine. :hail: :dance:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Been carrying one for a couple of years,like it very much.installed a 16lb Walther spring before Wolff offered a dedicated spring. Mine has been utterly dependable.Cor-Bon or Hornady are good choices for defensive ammo.

·
Super Moderator
25,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, sounds like a decent buy.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Love mine was pretty much unissued condition for mcs firearms.. Replaced the springs and I carry it all the time. Great guns :grin:

P-64 forum: http://p64.proboards67.com/index.cgi

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Polish P 64, one of my "Back Up" guns :grin:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Put in a Wolff mainspring and it becomes a Polish PPK. One of my favorite handguns, East or West.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
As I type? I have one on my hip :) It's my CCW carry weapon. I LOVE these guns, in stock configuration. If I didn't already own two, I would be BUYING two at current street prices...

·
Registered
389 Posts
My understanding is the CZ82 is classified as a curio based on where it was made, not because of it's age.

Czechoslovakia as a country no longer exists, it is now 2 separate countries, the Czech republic and Slovakia. the CZ82 was made in Czechoslovakia which is no longer around.

Poland on the other hand hasn't changed.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
I have one and I don't like it. I just keep it for the collection.
If you want to buy one for the collection, go ahead, if you want to buy one to shoot and carry, stick with CZ-82 or a Mak.

·
Registered
709 Posts
stoyan79 said:
stick with CZ-82 or a Mak.
:smile: To each his own. I have not found the CZ-82 to be as mechanicly reliable as either the Mak or P-64. . And both the CZ-82 and Mak are larger than P-64. Once you fix the DA trigger pull on the P-64, it's quite the handgun.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Never had an issue with a CZ-82, they are super reliable and as reliable or better than the pistols mentioned in this thread.

As for the Mak, we all know that this is the most rugged and reliable pistol ever made.

The P-64 is probably good once you tinker with it, but you are still getting half the pistol for the same money as with the CZ-82. I got 2 CZ-82s and I am getting 2 more from J&G @ $169 each. Just can't buy so much pistol for that kind of money, besides, I bet these will be worth $350-$400 in less than 2 years after they dry up from the distributors.

BuckG said:
stoyan79 said:
stick with CZ-82 or a Mak.
:smile: To each his own. I have not found the CZ-82 to be as mechanicly reliable as either the Mak or P-64. . And both the CZ-82 and Mak are larger than P-64. Once you fix the DA trigger pull on the P-64, it's quite the handgun.

·
Registered
709 Posts
stoyan79 said:
Never had an issue with a CZ-82, they are super reliable and as reliable or better than the pistols mentioned in this thread.
Well, like anything on the surplus market, people have varying experiences. I've had pins fall out and springs break. I had to order spare pins and springs from CZ (which are the same as a CZ-83). I even had the hammer fall on a live round without pulling the trigger. The last failure was another broken spring, this time on the slide release. The slide release is held on by the spring. So when it breaks, the slide release falls out. I have not bothered to fix it again. Nice gun at the range, but too mechanicly complex. On the plus side, I can completely disassemble and reassemble one with my eyes closed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts