AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The entire US is now Shall Issue permits.

Multi-tiered scrutiny approach to 2nd amendment cases is out the window. This basically invalidates all 9th circuit decisions up to this point and they'll be forced to change their rulings.

·
Registered
7 Posts

The entire US is now Shall Issue permits.

Multi-tiered scrutiny approach to 2nd amendment cases is out the window. This basically invalidates all 9th circuit decisions up to this point and they'll be forced to change their rulings.
"I knew he was a good man, my heart soars like a hawk."

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
Thomas is a genius. Read his opinions if you can. Not only does he use infallible logic, he cuts off the leftists arguments before they're made.

I also love how the release of these two cases exposes the leftist judges on the Supreme Court for being the tyrants they are. One day they can't find where the Constitution says one has the right to carry a firearm and the next day they can find where it says abortion is Constitutionally guaranteed right.

·
Registered
23,361 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
The Carpet Bagging Marxist "murphy" that runs NJ would never allow it. He once said the Bill of Rights was above his pay grade.....
UPDATE for NJ: The NJ AG has issued a shall issue now for NJ Carry Permits.

NJ Drops Justifiable Need!!!

Carpet Bagging Marxist murphy is still going ahead to try to block area's where one cannot carry.

NJ ATTORNEY GENERAL
ISSUES DIRECTIVE REQUIRING
CARRY PERMIT APPLICATIONS
TO BE PROCESSED WITHOUT
"JUSTIFIABLE NEED"​

June 24, 2022. At the close of business today, and in light of the Bruen decision, the New Jersey Attorney General issued a directive to law enforcement agencies and prosecutors mandating that NJ carry permit applications now be processed WITHOUT an applicant having to prove "justifiable need."

CLICK HERE to see a copy of the directive.

The effect of this directive is to remove any doubt that the Bruen decision applies in New Jersey, and that someone applying for a concealed carry permit in the Garden State need only satisfy typical requirements, such as:

1. Passing state-mandated background checks.
2. Submitting three references.
3. Satisfying the state-mandated training requirement for carry permits.

While Gov. Murphy has announced that he intends to try to limit carry in every way possible, whatever actions he tries to take will have to pass Constitutional muster under Bruen. Today's announcement by the Attorney General is nothing short of EARTH-SHAKING and represents the culmination of decades of incredibly difficult work by gun owners.

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERY HONEST GUN OWNER IN NEW JERSEY!

<click here to see the online version of this alert>

The Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs
is the official NRA state affiliate in the Garden State​

Join Us On Facebook!​
Facebook
ANJRPC | PO Box 353 , Pompton Plains, NJ 07422​

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Don't get me wrong. This decision is a step in the right direction, but it's not the silver bullet many think. At least not yet. I'm in PA and there has been great discussion about NJ and MD in particular. It's early, but as of right now NJ still has a requirement to qualify with a state approved instructor with one particular handgun. Then an interview with NJ state police.

Other states also still have these requirements, and there will surely be many more lawsuits brought arguing how restrictive they are or can be. So I'm cautiously optimistic.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I'm probably wrong but I thought a ruling on Wickard v Filburn was in bound this session.

If it gets struck down, oh man. Much less big .gov and much more as founded freedom for all.

Not a great source but a quick intro, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickard_v._Filburn.
I did not know that case was being heard. It would be great if that was overturned.

In more great news, SCOTUS ruled today in favor of a public high school coach who was fired for praying after football games. The school told him to stop. He refused and was fired.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Don't get me wrong. This decision is a step in the right direction, but it's not the silver bullet many think. At least not yet.
It is the silver bullet, but it will take a couple years for the whole effect to come to fruition.

Maryland's assault weapon ban is up for consideration by the Supreme court this fall. It'll either get taken up, which would likely freeze any 2A related cases again, or punted back down to re-rule with the new precedent from Bruen. If it gets taken up by SCOTUS, that is all assault weapon bans gone by June next year. If it gets punted, the lower court will be forced to rule in favor of the 2A by the current precedent, and the state will almost certainly not appeal to avoid it getting slapped down and have all AWBs be struck down nation wide.

In the next 6 months to a year the CA mag ban, assault weapons ban, and handgun roster will be heard and decided via this precedent. If the 9th finally takes the hint, the state will lose all of these cases. Likely they will not appeal to prevent them from going to the supreme court and just take the L in the 9th. In the event the 9th completely defies Thomas's opinion, it'll get appealed and taken up by the supreme court. This would drag the process out, but it would completely end any state attempts at blanket bans for good. Liberals will begin to stop appealing when they lose to try and prevent it from going higher up the chain.

So I give it 2 years tops before assault weapon bans, mag bans, etc... are completely illegal. Either by way of the supreme court or because the 2nd and 9th give up.

By the time this rolls around, I also expect lawsuits involving the NFA to be in the works. That will be extra spicy since it will never pass the test that Thomas's opinion mandates. This is because they'll have to look at history, text, and tradition prior to 1934, and before that there was literally nothing. They cant use any history, text, or tradition that post-dates the law under consideration. That would rip the NFA out by the roots.

I am quite confidant that we'll have unrestricted machine guns, SBRs, suppressors, etc... within 5 years. The only thing that might survive scrutiny is the $200 tax stamp, and that is quite marginal.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts