AK Rifles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some long bubba'd mags in my day but this is rediculous. I think I would break down laughing if I saw this at the range or god forbid on the battlefield :grin:

 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
6,893 Posts
Right after the AWB expired in 04, Sportsmans Guide was selling something like a 75rnd AK mag...not drum but mag. It looked very similar, and was poorly made by promag or some other US company.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,762 Posts
cms81586 said:
Right after the AWB expired in 04, Sportsmans Guide was selling something like a 75rnd AK mag...not drum but mag. It looked very similar, and was poorly made by promag or some other US company.
i think it was about the same price as a drum... it looks redonkulous. like a boomerang only not as useful
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,803 Posts
10Gauge said:
cms81586 said:
Right after the AWB expired in 04, Sportsmans Guide was selling something like a 75rnd AK mag...not drum but mag. It looked very similar, and was poorly made by promag or some other US company.
i think it was about the same price as a drum... it looks redonkulous. like a boomerang only not as useful
I remember seeing one that had a ring on the other end that would hook onto the end of the barrel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
833 Posts
Is that thing for real? I can't figure out how there is enough room to rock it in and out. And does the loop at the end rotate down? I'm freakin' confused! :doh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,762 Posts
Bender said:
Is that thing for real? I can't figure out how there is enough room to rock it in and out. And does the loop at the end rotate down? I'm freakin' confused! :doh:
I saw em in the flesh years ago. Even being a noob I was like "LOL NO" ...admired it for its insanity but knew it wasn't practical at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
833 Posts
I have only seen pics of it and figured it had to be a touched up photo. I think my 40 rounder looks a little awkward.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,762 Posts
Bender said:
I have only seen pics of it and figured it had to be a touched up photo. I think my 40 rounder looks a little awkward.
lol handling one was weird. I can't really put it into words...

though I will say that if you sharpened the back.. it would make a pretty badass axe when attached to an AK.

OR now that I think about it you could make an ancestor to the Klingon Bat'Leth

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,053 Posts
The 75rd. mag pictured is manfactured by National Magazine and is available off and on through various online retailers. I have one as a novelty only and have never
loaded it. Looks awsome when installed on my Draco, or for that matter, any of my rifles. Here's a link, around 60 bucks, if available.

http://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com/nat ... 14512.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,653 Posts
Bender said:
I like this better.
Whatever you do .....DO NOT try the RPK style buttstock hold when shooting that rifle prone. :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
TRAAK's said:
The 75rd. mag pictured is manfactured by National Magazine and is available off and on through various online retailers. I have one as a novelty only and have never
loaded it. Looks awsome when installed on my Draco, or for that matter, any of my rifles. Here's a link, around 60 bucks, if available.

http://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com/nat ... 14512.html
Ya gotta post a pic of that loaded on your Draco!

And I wonder if anyone has ever tried loading one up and shooting it? I doubt it would be reliable, but I don't see any harm in trying!

Cheers! M2
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top