AK Rifles banner

TheAKforum has inspired a new AK guy.

3K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  ChrisVV 
#1 ·
This is a great site! I have been browsing the forums for a while and finally decided to register as I am now a huge fan of the AK.

My first was a Century Arms Yugo under folder. I had a rough beginning with it they did take care of the issue.

http://spentcasings.com/index.php?v...ms-ak-redemption&option=com_content&Itemid=81

A friend and myself have set up SpentCasings.com to review firearms. We are going to do some accuracy comparisons to have something to point to when AR guys say the AK platform is inaccurate.

I am sure we are going to ask for some advice from the community here at theAKforum, hopefully you guys will be willing to help.

See less See more
#10 ·
Welcome aboard! I got one of those nifty Century Yugo underfolders myself. Mine is a great shooter and surprisingly accurate. Looking forward to more reviews.

#15 ·
Welcome to the Dark Side! sorry to hear the problems with your Yugo,
but anything Century makes there usually is a big chance something is wrong! i also have one and i just last week read something about those
that had me both concerned and curious. :roll: some where there was a post
where someone had a slam-fire on a yugo while engaging the safety! :shock:
The lever went all the way up on receiver and thus releasing the hammer!
So i pulled mine out took , cleared the gun removed top cover and raised
the safety lever, sure enough it released the hammer, if a round would have in in it! well you get the message. none of my other AKs have this
potentially dangerous problem. :confused:

#17 ·
hell, forgot to mention that the safety lever on yugo also has a coil spring wrapped around it, unlike other AKs, so if you take the lever out, the spring will pop off and your fire-control parts might be all over the place!
big pain in rear to get the spring back on safety lever and get lever back in place! :shock: :roll:

#18 ·
vz58kid said:
Welcome to the Dark Side! sorry to hear the problems with your Yugo,
but anything Century makes there usually is a big chance something is wrong! i also have one and i just last week read something about those
that had me both concerned and curious. :roll: some where there was a post
where someone had a slam-fire on a yugo while engaging the safety! :shock:
The lever went all the way up on receiver and thus releasing the hammer!
So i pulled mine out took , cleared the gun removed top cover and raised
the safety lever, sure enough it released the hammer, if a round would have in in it! well you get the message. none of my other AKs have this
potentially dangerous problem. :confused:
What the fuck!!!! :evil: I just checked one of mine and sure enough the safety will go over the top cover and release the hammer! It does not take that much pressure either! Is there a fix for this! Thats very dangerous!

T :neutral:

#19 ·
Dangerous is an understatement! after it would do this on mine i checked
my Rom. AK no problem on it the part on its lever barely touched the
hammer unlike on the yugo, where the bottom of lever is roughly 1/4 wider than on a Rom. one! so one could replace the lever with a Rom. one
or easier and cheaper cut the problem part of the lever bott. off with a dremmel tool, which is what i will do. but i need to measure and figure out how much! PLEASE REMEMBER IN MY PREVIOUS POST, ABOUT THE COIL SPRING THAT IS WRAPPED AROUND LEFT SIDE OF LEVER! You may have a lot of fun :evil: :shock: :roll: if it comes off!

Thanks

PS. Maybe our Adm. should put up a notice or sticky, since this is an accident waiting to happen! These guns have only been around 1 1/2 -2 yrs. :hail: :dance:

#21 ·
:shock: And i did not get any credit? or hon. mention!
No, bending rec. cover out is defacing (f-----g up) your weapon,and no this is not normal, you can contact century and explain and surely they would put out Notices to this in gun mags. like there are and were about sks slamfires! and surely they will sent everybody that contacts them a modified lever! And please remember when you give me credit, the name is VZ58KID :lol: :hail: :dance:

#22 ·
vz58kid said:
:shock: And i did not get any credit? or hon. mention!
No, bending rec. cover out is defacing (f-----g up) your weapon,and no this is not normal, you can contact century and explain and surely they would put out Notices to this in gun mags. like there are and were about sks slamfires! and surely they will sent everybody that contacts them a modified lever! And please remember when you give me credit, the name is VZ58KID :lol: :hail: :dance:
Will do! :grin:

#23 ·
Nice headline on the AK Forum Major Discovery! Etc.
I was very suprised about Nalioth reply that it is nothing to worry about!
He usually knows his stuff, but not in this case!
Century just didnt use the proper dimensions on the base. And i also agree 100% with you, machinegunt that this is dangerous as hell!
I would hate to read about somebody getting hurt! my yugo was so tight when i got it that upon engaging my safety it also slipped on to the receiver, but it was not cocked!
Thank you!

#24 ·
I will contact Century on Monday and inform those idiots about this problem and tell them i want them to sent me a correct lever at their cost
or i will drag their name in to the mud!
i have heard of these Idiots doing all kind of crazy things, but inventing a new way to fire your gun by means of the safety lever as well as the trigger, is something that should go down in firearms history! :lol: :shock: :roll: :dance:

#25 ·
nalioth said:
It's not a problem if you only use the trigger to fire the weapon.

Leave the safety lever for what it's designed for.

This statement is absurd! it is using the safety lever, what is causing the problem! the lever on this gun can easily slide onto the receiver, especially if some one is not used to it! :shock:
However if the trigger should ever break, you can simply use the back-up trigger which in this case is the safety! :lol: :hail: :roll: :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.