AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
I haven't been on here much lately due to school but I just received the worst news ever from my FFL. Turbo sent him two rifles and two receivers that he just completed a couple days ago. I used this guy once last year to get my Two Rivers Maadis. Anyway, I had arranged to get the rifles tomorrow when I just got this email:

Andy,

I got some real bad news for you man.

Tonight I was raided by a joint DEA / ATF task force in connection with my day job at the cannabis dispensary. They actually revoked my FFL and took every fire arm I was in possession of, which included your guns and receivers.

They are currently in federal custody while I await process of my charges, and they may at some future point be returned depending on how my charges go.

I guess at this point to make things right with you I should really reimburse you for your loss on this.

Extremely sorry,
I don't want the fucking money! It took 1.5 years for these rifles to be finished and the parts are almost all milled East German! I don't know how to even put a price on all the stuff and even if I did I don't know how he will afford to pay me. What the hell was this guy thinking working at an MJ dispensary and having an FFL????!!!! I don't think I can relay how pissed I am right now. What do you guys think will happen? The guns are MY property so can't I get them sent to another FFL in town?

·
Banned
345 Posts
man, this is so messed up i don't even know where to begin.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wow man thats freaking horrible. What was he thinking doing that its going to be difficult to recover your stuff at least for a while I believe. You cant even put a price on the stuff you lost and I wldnt except anything except my stuff back I guess time will tell good luck to you

·
Super Moderator
25,791 Posts
Wow...I sure hope you can your parts back at some point, but its likely to take years from what you describe. Good luck on this.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Any idea what the charges against him are?
Unfortunately, being stupid isn't a chargeable crime, otherwise he would get the electric chair!

I would contact the BATFE and see what your options are.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would suggest you get a copy of Turbo's reweld ATF opinion in hand before you call them. It's a safe bet they think they have a "machinegun".
Thanks, I just sent him an email asking for that and a complete list of what he sent me (including spare parts, etc). FML, why do I always have luck like this??? Here is his latest email after I asked if I could have the spare parts Turbo sent me:

Yeah I have the box I can give you, it appears to be totally empty. I was detained for an extended period while they took absolutely everything.

Michael Zumbach is the ATF agent that took possession of everything
[email protected]

I'll be happy to do whatever I can to help, but at this point they are telling me I can expect to be in jail sometime shortly after Xmas.

Really sorry,

Kind of in disbelief about all of this. bh4000: no idea, but I am sure it is an extensive list.

So much for going shooting this weekend...

Anyone have Turbo's ATF reweld letter?

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
This is gonna be a stupid ignorant question but......... is it illigal to work in a cannabis dispensary or just illigal to work there AND have an FFL. Im assuming the dispensary is legal only because otherwise it would just be called drug dealing.

I wish you luck

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
MJ dispensaries aren't exactly kosher in the eyes of the Fed...and anyone who uses is an idiot because you commit perjury every time you buy a gun from a shop.

OP...try and calm down. Contact the ATF and provide proof those rifles shipped from TT to your FFL. They'll review everything and return your property. The ATF sucks but they're reasonable in most cases. A C3 got rolled up down here and the ATF bumped all forms in the queue to the front of the line for stamp approval since this guy lost his license.

Not to rub salt in the wound, but the cheapest FFL isn talways the best. Pay a few bucks more for a consistent business. There's a local dealer here who sells hydroponics in his gun shop. The ATF just inspected him and he is about to get the white glove exam.

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
This is gonna be a stupid ignorant question but......... is it illigal to work in a cannabis dispensary or just illigal to work there AND have an FFL. Im assuming the dispensary is legal only because otherwise it would just be called drug dealing.

I wish you luck
On a state level it's legal to work at a dispensary, but it's still a Federal crime. The FEDS generally don't target them if the State OKs things. So it's not "illegal" to work at dispensary and have an FFL BUT your are still committing a Federal Crime (working at the dispensary) AND operating an FFL.

If was doing anything close to FFL type work, I would stay the hell out of the cannabis industry. It's just asking for trouble.

Andyman .. Sorry to hear about this. Good luck getting your stuff back!

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MJ dispensaries aren't exactly kosher in the eyes of the Fed...and anyone who uses is an idiot because you commit perjury every time you buy a gun from a shop.

OP...try and calm down. Contact the ATF and provide proof those rifles shipped from TT to your FFL. They'll review everything and return your property. The ATF sucks but they're reasonable in most cases. A C3 got rolled up down here and the ATF bumped all forms in the queue to the front of the line for stamp approval since this guy lost his license.

Not to rub salt in the wound, but the cheapest FFL isn talways the best. Pay a few bucks more for a consistent business. There's a local dealer here who sells hydroponics in his gun shop. The ATF just inspected him and he is about to get the white glove exam.
Thanks man, I already have a draft written up to the agent in charge that I am going to send out as soon as I have a copy of TT's approval letter. I guess I am just nervous about all the horror stories I have heard about property going missing, electropenciling all over firearms, years of waiting, etc when the ATF confiscates firearms.
You are right on the cheapest FFL not being the best. I should have just gone with the guy who owns a gun store in town who charges $25 per firearm instead of $10 per firearm plus a $10 background fee. Lesson learned for sure, but I still never thought in my wildest dreams that this would happen.

·
Banned
950 Posts
"Andy,

I got some real bad news for you man. Tonight I was raided by a joint DEA / ATF task force in connection with my day job at the cannabis dispensary."

That's sig line material right there. What a dumbass. I can't stop laughing reading that.

7n6

·
Registered
21,776 Posts
"Andy,

I got some real bad news for you man. Tonight I was raided by a joint DEA / ATF task force in connection with my day job at the cannabis dispensary."

That's sig line material right there. What a dumbass. I can't stop laughing reading that.

7n6

That coupled with this

Yeah I have the box I can give you, it appears to be totally empty.
Where'd you find this guy?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Unfortunate for Andy to be sure, but this doesn't really qualify as "unthinkable". Although Scientology is a gigantic bunch of horseshit, I remember a Hubbard quote: "the 'state' is an implacable foe", this just re-enforces that contention.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
How long before BATFE or DHS or some such agency tasked for interdiction and confiscation, tests gun owners at random for drug use such as cannabis?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Andy...sorry to hear about your loss, but my experience with ATF and various problems that can arise has been consistently positive...get yer ducks in a row, be patient, be courteous and ask for their help and any suggestions the agent(s) might have...about 9 times out of 10 it'll work out just fine...now DEA can be another ball of wax entirely...always know the FFL yer dealing with 'cuzz in matters like this cheaper ain't always better...good luck...

·
Premium Member
13,071 Posts
A pot dealing FFL, federal crime and a long stay in prison. Stay all over this with regard to agent in charge and gather all proof of ownership. Evidence may be held until
after sentencing. Keep an accurate, hand written journal and copy/print all email exchanges. Assume Nothing!! Your rifles are now their property, so CYA in every way
and don't lose your cool. This can have a favorable outcome for you, but it will require effort and patience.

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
A pot dealing FFL, federal crime and a long stay in prison. Stay all over this with regard to agent in charge and gather all proof of ownership. Evidence may be held until
after sentencing. Keep an accurate, hand written journal and copy/print all email exchanges. Assume Nothing!! Your rifles are now their property, so CYA in every way
and don't lose your cool. This can have a favorable outcome for you, but it will require effort and patience.

Like AKraider said...the ATF is usually a PITA to work with but they will be helpful in getting the situation resolved. They are always quick to answer questions when we have any...at least our local field office is.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts