AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a Christmas present! The third piece of my milled Chicom spikers made it's way home this week. This gun has been 3+ years in the works. Hopefully I can get some pics that will do it justice when the sun returns. The fabric//laminate in the buttstock and HGs is beautiful. Kudos to Rotdorn and Troy at InRange for contributing key parts(the unobtainium butt, HGs and PG) and Mario for an awesome build!

The threesome....

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Sweet! Glad you got it across the goal line!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you explain the exact differences/model # in the two fixed stocked rifles?
One has the mahogany colored wood furniture and the other has the dark red/maroon colored phenolic furniture. The red phenolic furniture is pretty rare, especially for milled receivers. If it wasn't for the crappy pics, you could see the difference.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Clean... thanks for sharing, enjoy! ;)

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I saw the difference in the furniture sets, I was just not sure if I was missing something else. Very nice threesome.
This is the 2nd thread I have read today with odd links like this. Is this a site ad issue or did you link that?

Now it's gone since I posted?

Furniture sets had a hyperlink to some other site.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Here is a picture of a milled bakelite spiker that I found about two years ago. It is probably from the Sino-Vietnamese war:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Hey man.....you can't have a Spiker party without inviting me and my China Doll.
But seriously, that red phenolic Spiker is pure friggin hotness. Deep red stock set and milled receiver is the best of both worlds.
I've really been wanting to add another Spiker to the stable. It's just the cost and availability preventing me from doing so.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts